30 | Power Play

Chapter Thirty: Power Play

Faith couldn't believe that this was actually happening

Faith couldn't believe that this was actually happening. She didn't entirely believe it when Sirius had told her about his cousins ㅡ I mean, sure, she could accept that many of the ladies saw his status as an opportunity to marry into the main family and gain political power their fathers craved, but to see him completely swarmed for the third time that day as soon as she left his side?

If she had to admit it to herself begrudgingly, it was much like the attention he got at Hogwarts ㅡ except less nauseating, because at least none of those girls were his first or second cousins, orㅡ

Hold on, was that an aunt she was seeing in the fray!?

Feeling a burst of adrenaline, Faith slapped on her power face and marched into the crowd, bursting through seven or eight ladies with sharp elbows and sheer Big Dick energy.

"Sirius!" She exclaimed shrilly, an excited beam on her lips as she latched onto his arm. "Mon dieu, you will never believe what your mother has been telling your family about us! She iz planning our wedding already!" she gushed, feeling him relax instantly as soon as she had arrived. "When I heard, I immediately searched for her and ㅡ Oh! Hello, I believe we 'aven't met," she giggled, looking around at the green faces and twisted sneers with a smug look. "I am Faith, Sirius' girlfriend."

"Well, apparently it seems you're my betrothed," said Sirius, with a smile so love-struck many of the ladies felt as if they were being stabbed repeatedly, and could only walk away in defeat. Thankfully, the aunt ㅡ or maybe she was a grandmother, who fucking knew at this point ㅡ had joined the majority, leaving only a single girl behind. She looked rather pretty, though her beauty was diminished by the sneering expression on her face.

As Faith giggled at Sirius' words, she stiffly introduced herself, trying to ignore the eyes of her mother and father pinning her in place, forcing her to stay and secure the Heir to the House of Black. "I'm Serafina Black."

"Oh," gasped Faith, "Zat iz such a lovely name! What do you think about naming our daughter zat, sweetheart?"

"I was thinking of naming her after you, angel, but you know I love whatever you do. But I also want to name our son Throckmorton."

"Oh, you. Isn't he just so silly?"

"That's why mother approves of you so much," he said smartly, wrapping an arm around Faith's waist. "You balance me out."

"So much so zat she wants us to get married by ze end of ze year! Can you believe zat, Serafina? So I told her no, zat is far too early, we are only fifteen after all ㅡ how old are you, Serafina? You don't look a day over thirty. Don't you think fifteen is too soon?"

Faith was speaking so quickly Serfina struggled to answer, so at the next breath she jumped to spit out, "Yes," through gritted teeth. "And I'm nineteen."