16 | Greasy Grumps

Chapter Sixteen: Greasy Grumps

The Four Idiots were gathered in an unused classroom on one of the more quieter floors, checking on the potion that they had been working on since before she had arrived at Hogwarts

The Four Idiots were gathered in an unused classroom on one of the more quieter floors, checking on the potion that they had been working on since before she had arrived at Hogwarts. According to Peter, they had been secretly preparing to become Animagi since their third year and only recently managed to procure the ingredients they needed. The entire endeavour had made her smile goofily ㅡ they were so set on helping out Remus and it warmed her heart that the boy she'd met three years ago had such wonderful friends to rely on. No, they were more than that, her mind corrected, brothers. She couldn't resist the smile that crept on her face, and she was positive that she looked like a loon, grinning at nothing.

Faith voiced that it baffled her how Remus, the most perceptive tush she have ever met, was unaware for two years that his best mates were sneaking around trying to become animals, but James had explained how they managed to keep it under wraps ("We'd go every time he went all fluffy ㅡ that was the only way he wouldn't catch on," he'd said, pushing his glasses up smugly in a show to seem intelligent) and the unspoken words that they had done it those times specifically to feel like they were doing something useful for him had Remus practically sob ㅡ in a manly way, of course, single tear and all (which is what he would have you believe, but alas, he bawled like a baby and Faith took responsibility of scaring away any patrons in the library that day so he could gather himself).

She was on her way over to see the potion too, because why the heck not, when Faith noticed a certain red-head in an engaging verbal intercourse with a boy in green-accented robes and hair longer than Sirius'.

Honestly, what is it with guys having long hair in her life?

"HEY, LILS!"

Her voice was loud and disturbed most conversations around her, and seemed to make a few jump in surprise. Lily was not exempt from the reaction, however once she noticed Faith bounding towards her with a goofy grin on her face, she abruptly turned and made to walk away in the opposite direction, long-haired Slytherin boy in tow. Faith managed to clamp her arms on both of their shoulders before either could take another step.

Faith pouted at her (totally unexpected) reaction. "Why were you avoiding me?" she huffed, glancing at the boy who seemed to be looking at her arm in contained revolt, struggling to remove it. She raised her eyebrows, a smirk dancing on her lips. "Is this your boyfriend, Lils? Is that why you were avoiding me, to get some alone time with him?" she teased, nudging her. "Merlin, James would be so jealous if he found out."

"No!" Sputtered Lily, response immediate. "Faith, what the hell? He's not my boyfriend! He's just aㅡ!"

"Ooh, defensive," she grinned, wriggling her eyebrows.

Lily held her face for a few moments. "I liked you better in France, where you were a thousand miles away from me," she muttered with remorse.

Faith gasped, placing a hand on her chest. "You wound me, Evans!"