28 | A Meeting With The "Devil"

Chapter Twenty-Eight: A Meeting With The "Devil"

Sirius stepped away, but before he could leave Faith grabbed his arm and pulled him closer

Sirius stepped away, but before he could leave Faith grabbed his arm and pulled him closer. She ignored the way her skin was buzzing from the kiss, and the wolf-whistle behind her, instead pinning Sirius with a meaningful stare.

"What's wrong, sweetheart? Can't bear to leave me?" said Sirius, lips pulled up in the faintest smirk that would have had most girls swooning if it were directed at them.

Faith leaned in closer. "I want to fucking kill you," she whispered, before plastering a honeyed smile on her lips. Louder, she said, "Aren't you going to introduce me to your parents?"

She could feel their families burning holes through their heads. She wanted nothing more than to loudly announce it was all a joke, that they weren't really dating, you can all stop plotting our murders now! But, she knew she couldn't.

A deal's a deal, Faith. she told herself sternly. Just suck it up and deal with it.

Sirius smiled widely. "Of course, how could I forget?"

Faith was comforted by the manic gleam in his eyes ㅡ a first for her since she had become acquainted with the loud-mouthed Gryffindor ㅡ perhaps because she knew the chaos it promised wasn't directed at her, but someone who deserved it.

As they made their way through the shell-shocked crowds, Faith refused to look at her family. Her uncle in particular was desperately trying to catch her eye, but she swiftly ignored him. 

Good, she thought. Keep looking at me like that. The more shocked he looked, the easier it was for the two to make Sirius' parents believe what they were about to do.

They finally arrived in front of Walburga Black, who was staring her eldest son down with eyes that could burn a man to ashes. Her gaze flickered to their joined hands. Faith felt Sirius' grip tighten in response, and pushed down the swarm of butterflies that followed.

It well and truly sucked that she still wasn't over her minor crush on him.

"Mother," greeted Sirius pleasantly, bowing low and proper. "I hope you've been well the past few months."

This was definitely not what Walburga Black had expected of her son. For a brief moment she allowed herself to be confused, and then in a flash snapped back to her usual indifference. She couldn't help but outwardly narrow her eyes in suspicion, however. This was not how her son usually acted. And who in heathens was this girl?

"Sirius." She glanced meaningfully at the girl standing next to him, who flashed her a smile. "Who is this?" she said sharply.

Faith let go of Sirius' hand, and dipped into a practised curtsy. "Faith Potter, Madam Black. Eet iz a pleasure to meet you." Faith made sure to thicken her accent as she spoke.