12 | Ah, Detention

Chapter Twelve: Ah, Detention

It was quiet, stuffy, and boring in McGonagall's classroom

It was quiet, stuffy, and boring in McGonagall's classroom. Faith was trying to scratch words into the wooden desk ㅡ swear words in particular ㅡ but she feared she would break her nail if she persisted, and stopped.

The Marauders and Faith, they were in detention, one hosted by McGonagall. Out of them all, Faith suspected that their Head of House didn't want to be there the most. Understandable.

Faith lifted a hand to run through her hair, only to meet the baby-soft skin at the top of her head. She grit her teeth in painful remembrance. She has no hair.

Her beautiful black locks simply fell out, drifting sadly to the floor once she drank the beverage James had offered ㅡ a stupid move in hindsight, she knew, she should have known that he was up to something. But she didn't, and she drank it, and her hair fell out.

And Faith was seething.

"Professor," she whined, banging her fists on the desk. "Please charm my hair back! I can't live like this anymore!"

"Miss Potter, I suggest you sit quietly and wait. It will grow back in due time." She replied shortly. Her face contorted into one of annoyance, eyebrows pulled and lips pruned together.

"I've done my waiting!" she groaned, "Twenty-seven minutes of it! In detention!" Faith flopped onto her desk in defeat. It was a very sad time for her, and she couldn't help but want to scream.

Hearing very poorly concealed snickering from behind her, followed by disconnected blubbering (Faith assumed it was Peter trying to laugh), Faith snapped her head around in anger.

"Oh, shut up James, at least I can hide the tiny dick that I have," she hissed.

He stopped laughing and glared at his cousin, trying to conceal his genital area by attempting to cross his legs.

Faith had Jacob Zhang sneak into the boys dorms and into their laundry room with a shrinking spell on his tongue; she made him shrink James' clothes, and then charm it so whenever he tried to reverse it, his clothes would get even smaller, eventually ripping. There was a giant tear across his calves the first time.

"And you!" She turned to the green haired idiot who was sitting in a row of seats on the other side, "I have less hair on my head than you have on your pubes!"

Sirius smirked, leaning closer in false intimacy, "Wanna test that?"

Faith turned away in false disgust as McGonagall snapped, "Enough!" Slamming her book shut, she continued. "It's terrible enough that you robbed the Headmaster of his beard, I don't want to have to hear your inappropriate discussionsㅡ" Peter blubbered again, and Faith deduced it was either a laugh or he was trying to say something "ㅡI expect you to at least show some respect in silence for his loss!"