Chapter 6

A/N: Short chapter but oh well :)

Gem stared at her mother disbelievingly as she sashayed in to stand beside Pierre Monet.

Her mother had changed, physically of course. Her hair was still the same dark brown color but her eyes were bright red now. Her entire face was now more angular and symmetrical and she was to put it simply, more beautiful and attractive. Those eyes, once filled with warmth, had now hardened and filled with coldness.

"So it's true then?" Gem said accusingly. "You've changed into a vampire. Despite what you've always told me. You told me that vampires were evil creatures. That they were responsible for Dad's death."

"I was a foolish woman." Rebecca Monet waved her hands. "I was foolish to side with your father when he was attempting to overthrow the Order. I was foolish enough to reject vampirism when your father offered me."

"So you defected to Pierre Monet?" Gem demanded angrily. "You abandoned me and sided with my rival?"

"Don't put it so harshly, Gem!" her mother laughed, her melodious voice ringing. "I was merely doing it to survive. What was I to do when I was left on the road, starving and hungry? My darling Pierre offered to get one of his vampires to change me. I took it. With immortality, I will never go hungry."

"But you will go thirsty," Elizabeth injected.

"A turn of phrase," Rebecca Monet answered. "It wasn't my choice to abandon you."

"Then why didn't you come back and find me then?" Gem gritted through her teeth. "You weren't interested, isn't it? You were busy playing with that vile Pierre Monet, right?"

"Tsk," Pierre Monet chided lightly. "To be honest, if you had valued your mother, you wouldn't have stolen away our most important client."

"What?" Gem stared at him. "I've never stolen any of your customers. All of my clients came to me out of personal recommendation or otherwise. Don't blame me for your own incompetency," she hissed.

"Don't you dare to deny," her mother lashed out. She jumped and lunged towards her at an inhumane speed.

Gem took out her whip and nimbly flicked it. The sound when her mother's hard body came into contact with her leather whip was so strong that the glass shattered. As her mother made an attempt to grab her neck, Elizabeth jumped in and doshed the vampire with holy water.

"ARGH!" Rebecca Monet growled in pain, covering her eyes.

"Peter," Pierre Monet commanded.

The guy in the black tuxedo took out a gun and pointed at her. Swiftly, Gem flicked her whip and a "Crack!" sound went off as the gun magically appeared in her hands.

"Where did you learnt all these useless tricks," her mother hissed.

"It's magic." Gem grinned and pointed the gun at Pierre Monet while Elizabeth knocked the bodyguard out.

"Speak," she commanded. "You accuse me of stealing your clients and breaking the code. Which client are you referring to specifically?"

"Surely you would know," Pierre Monet laughed, unfazed by the fact that a gun was pointed at him. "Luke Garon," he spat out spitefully. "You stole our most important client away. You disgusting pile of half-breed shit."

"I never stole him," Gem retorted. "He sought my business because he resented the unethical way you did your business."

To her surprise, Pierre Monet looked aghast, but not for the reason which she was expecting. "Do you have any idea who Luke Garon is?"

"Yes," Gem hissed. "He's the owner of Tal-mart and he sits on the board of many US companies."

Pierre Monet laughed. "Funny how you always pride on your network of spies," he spat. "Didn't they tell you who he really is? In the vampiric world?"

"What are you getting at?"

"You're a foolish child," her mother hissed, still blinded by the holy water with her long tongue swivelling out. "You've literally met the king of the vampiric world yet you do not know who he is."

"Come again?" Gem stared at her. "You lie."

"What would we gain for lying to you?" Pierre Monet asked condescendingly.

"This is not true."

"Oh yes it is." Her mother smiled evilly. "Luke Garon is the leader of the Order. The one who sentenced your father to death."