Chapter 26: The Dark Path

I will kill you.

That was the first thought that popped into Gem's head. Immediately, she pushed back her chair with a loud noise. Everyone turned to look at her.

Sam's head flicked to her instantly and his eyes widened with surprise. Gem spared no time as she lunged forward and flew across the room in superhuman speed before grabbing Sam's head and arching it back.

The only way to kill a vampire was to tear the vampire's head out.

And she was going to do that. To the person who hurt her the most.

"Ge-" Sam's voice cracked as crack lines started to appear on his neck. 

Gem's eyes blazed. She could only concentrate on the person infront of her but her senses were all heightened. She was vaguely aware that someone started screaming, "Assassination of Prince Samuel!" But she didn't care less.

She will kill him.

She felt someone grab her arm and she flipped the person off.

"Gem! What are you doing!" She heard Kalia scream as she fly across the room. She touched her arm. "Gem, let go. You are going to kill Samuel."

Gem let out an animalistic growl. Her dark side was taking over. "That was what I was intending," she hissed. "I will end this disgusting beast's life once and for all."

She heard someone ask Kalia, "Princess, should we take down the half-breed?"

"Shut up. Everyone get away," Kalia snapped.

But Samuel was strong. As she pulled his head back, she felt her strength diminishing as her arms fought against the immortal's brittle body. 

I must kill him. I will make him pay for everything he did to me.

"Gem, Gem," a low baritone voice rang out.

A cold hand touched her back. "Gem, let go right now."

She recognized the voice and she tensed. "Luke," she spat out. "Get away before I hurt you. I need to kil this filthy beast. You can execute me later if you want. I will gladly sacrifice myelf to kill this beast."

"No, I won't allow you to do that," he murmured by her ear and grabbed her hand. "Now, let Samuel go. I don't know what went on between both of you but I promise if he really deserves to die, you will be the one to do it."

"Really?" She gritted through her teeth. "What if you lie?"

"I don't," he said simply.

And she believed him.

"Okay." She let go and kicked the arched back of Sam and he flew across the room before slamming the wall.

"Prince Samuel!" Cries rang out across the room.

"Escort Prince Samuel to the prison chambers," Luke's voice rang out.

"Brother," Decker said sarcastically. "Shouldn't you be escorting this half-breed to prison and not your own royal cousin? Or have ypu finally gone bonkers in the head?"

"Decker, if you don't want me to break your neck infront of the Order, you'd better make yourself scarce,
 Luke snapped and then turned to her. "Gem, come with me."

Gem could feel everyone's eyes on her. She had officially behaved like a mad, animalistic animal infront of the Order. But she didn't feel the least bit embarrassed.

If they had gone through what Sam did to her, they would do the same.

Maybe even worse.

**********