Chapter 17: Prince of Darkness

A/N: Happy New Year peeps!

Bloody hell. 

"I'm going to kill Luke Garon," Gem muttered as she stomped down the corridors. She had lost every ounce of dignity infront of him and she had held back punching him so that she wouldn't end up executed.

A few vampires passing by the door gave her strange looks but Gem merely glared back at them. She had no idea where she was going but she soon realized she was lost.

She started circling around the hallways but one hallway merely led to another corridor. 

"Aye you," someone called.

Gem looked up and found Alistair, the old guard she had rudely woken up a few days ago, walking towards  her whilst swinging a sword.

"What?" she asked. "Can't you mind your own business? Why does everyone have to question what I do here? I'm not going to set the palace on fire." 

Alistair laughed. "Girl, admit that you're lost."

"I'm not lost," Gem muttered. "I happened to be heading somewhere."

"Sure, like where?" Alistair smirked.

Gem glared at him. "Well, what are you doing wandering in these hallways anyway? Shouldn't you be off protecting Luke Garon or something?"

"Naw," Alistair cackled. He started twirling his grey moustache. "Protecting the Dark Lord is the job of the high ranking guards. I'm merely a lowly old guard who should retire sooner but they kept me around just for laughs."

"How long have you been here for?"

"Around two thousand years. Give or take a few centuries or so."

"Oh." Gem perked up. That meant Alistair had been around for a long time. He could be a useful source of information about the happenings in the Order.

"Well, any gossip or anything?" she asked lightly.

"I know what you are doing, 'lil girl." Alistair narrowed his eyes mockingly. "You are trying to get some secrets out of me, aren't you?"

Gem kept a straight face. "No, don't be silly. I was merely looking for gossip to relieve my boredom." The old guard was sharper than she originally thought.

"Just joking." Alistair waved his hands. "Geez, take life a little less seriously."

"That's just my character." She shrugged. "So spit it out. What gossip do you have?'

Alistair looked around. When he saw that the coast was clear, he lowered his voice, "Have you heard of the Jewel Trio?"

"The Crown jewels?" 

"No silly girl." Alistair frowned. "The Jewel Trio refers to the three most powerful vampires in existence. You already know one of them."

"Luke?" 

"Why are you calling him by his first name?" The old guard wrinkled his nose in puzzlement. 

"Nothing, it just....came out."

"Anyway, yes, the Dark Lord's one of the three. He's extremely powerful," Alistair continued. "And you've met the 2nd one. The princess of the vampiric world. The one who terrifies all. Kalia Garon."

Gem nodded. Despite the princess' seemingly innocent and spoiled appearance, there was something lethal and menacing to her. 

"Who's the third?" Gem frowned. One of the senior members of the Order?

"The third person is the scariest of all," Alistair whispered. "Decker Garon."

"Who on earth is that?" There were so many people in Luke Garon's family that she got confused with all the names.