Chapter 14: Dinner Hall

"Hey, can you wake up?"

Gem frowned unconsciously. There was an annoying buzzing noise by her ear and it was getting louder and louder. 

"If you don't wake up, I will levitate you up and throw you out of the window."

When Gem didn't stir, the person touched her and immediately, Gem unconsiously grabbed the dagger strapped to her leg and slammed it in the direction of the noise.

"What the hell," the person growled.

Gem opened her eyes to find herself staring in the extraordinary beautiful face belonging to Ruby. Her eyes shifted right and she saw that her dagger was within inches of Ruby's forehead and Ruby's hand had stopped her in mid-air.

"Do you go around stabbing people who wake you up?" Ruby winced and shook her hand off.

"Sorry," Gem muttered. There were many times she had been ambushed while she was asleep and she had trained herself to attack whoever was trying to kill her first. She strapped the dagger back to her leg and when she looked up, she saw Ruby watching her.

"That was a good aim," Ruby observed critically. "Especially from someone who's supposed to be weak with poison."

"Yea whatever," Gem said grumpily. She was not here to socialize with anyone. She was here with a purpose which was to get the cure. "Why did you wake me up?"

"It's time for breakfast."

"Okay." Gem looked around and frowned. "Where's the breakfast?"

Ruby gave her a pissed off look. "This is not a hotel, Ms Austen. This is the Order's headquarters and where the Dark Lord lives. You are expected to be in proper attire and be downstairs for breakfast. Which means you must change out of your dirty clothes."

Gem stared down at her clothes filled with dirt.  She had refused to wear the disgusting underwear and merely slept in her old clothes. She was too tired to even notice.

"I don't have any clothes to wear."

"What do you mean you have no clothes?" The female vampire folded her arms. 

"There's only underwear in the drawer," Gem replied slowly. 

Ruby opened the wardrobe and she frowned. "What are all these doing here? I didn't put them here."

That bastard Luke Garon. She knew it was his doing. He'd better watch out.

"Well, do you have any clothes to lend?" Gem suggested and the vampire wrinkled her nose. 

"No. I certainly don't want my clothes to be dirtied by a half-breed like you," Ruby retorted. "Go find your own clothes." The vampire then stalked out of the room.

Gem rolled her eyes. She had expected the discrimination against her but that Ruby was utterly petty and irritating. She wondered what Luke Garon saw in her. 

She got out of the room and stared down the corridors. There were hundreds, no thousands of rooms here. She just had to break into one of the rooms and get a proper clothing.

As she passed by one of the doors, she spotted a sign that read, "Beware. Don't enter."

Fantastic. Gem smirked. No one would bother her if she were to rummage through the wardrobe of hat room. Disregarding the sign, she opened the door slowly and almost choked on all the dust.

In contrast to her room, this room was painted all pure white but there was a layer of dust on everything as if it had not been cleaned for centuries. Gem walked over to the wardrobe and opened it, half-expecting a corpse to spring out but instead, she was greeted by rows and rows of dresses.