Chapter 13: Castle

When Luke Garon meant going to his castle, Gem hadn't thought that he literally meant an entire freaking castle. At first, she didn't believe her eyes but she could see the whole medieval structure rising above the clouds in the middle of north Alaska. The entire castle was sitting in the middle of nowhere with plains stretching in every direction. 

"Are you telling me no one has reported to the FBI about a castle in the middle of Alaska?" Gem frowned. 

"We use a little magic to disguise it. It's a bit complicated to explain," Luke Garon replied calmly. 

Gem huffed and as they walked right up to the gate. Two burly vampires in dark coats stood there, guarding the entrance.

"Master." Both of them bowed to Luke Garon and he dismissed them with a wave.

"Ruby, I want you to help Gem get changed and give her the medicine to temporary stall the effects," he commanded.

"What medicine? Why can't you give me the antidote and I will be on my way," Gem demanded.

"Gem, Gem," Luke Garon sighed. "The medicine can only be made during the full moon."

"But...but that's two weeks from now!" Gem exclaimed. 

"Precisely. You have to stay in the castle to recuperate in the meantime," he said.

Two weeks in the bloody castle. No way, she couldn't deal with it.

As she turned to leave, Luke Garon grabbed her arm. "Where do you think you are going?" he murmured.

"I will come back in 2 weeks," she grunted and tried to struggle out of his grip but his hold was surprisingly firm. 

"You're not going anywhere," he whispered and Gem bit her lips. His voice was silky smooth, seductive and inviting. 

Careful now, Gem. 

"Get away from me." She shook his arm away and she stalked forward, trying to ignore the new sensations she was feeling with Luke Garon close by her.

And just as suddenly, she stopped. 

She had just entered the main hall and it was...utterly dazzling. The ceilings were painted in impressive Victorian art and the windows were painted with brilliant and bright colors. Statues of angels hung from the ceiling as if they were acting as guardians of the castle.

How ironic. The creatures of darkness in the same room as the messengers of light.

"Impressed?" Luke Garon came up from behind her. "I personally saw to the creation of these designs.  In fact, one of the many artists I've invited to make these were Leornado Da Vinci."

"No, I don't care about these antiques," she coughed and looked away from the impressive structures as if the fact didn't interest her the least bit. He probably threatened Leornado Da Vinci to come here  in the middle of nowhere to create these statues.

 "Now, if you will excuse me, I need to rest," she said, hoping he will take the hint to leave her alone.

"Ruby will escort you to the south wing where you room is situated," he replied pleasantly. 

"Oh right." 

As Ruby approached her with a sulky look, Gem remembered as the vampire who was so intent on killing her for insulting Luke Garon. She wondered if this was his mate.

"Come," she said unhappily with a hint of British accent. 

Gem followed her and as she looked behind her back, the entourage of vampires had dissipated and Luke Garon was talking intently with one of them.

Forget him. He's irritating.

It took her forever to get to her room. There were countless mazes and tunnels. If she were to be stuck in this castle, it would take her a lifetime to get out.

Finally, they approached a room and Ruby muttered, "Here are your chambers. Enjoy." Darting her a scathing look, Ruby stalked away down the corridors.

Gem pushed open the door and stepped into the room. It was decorated quite simply but it was painted red all over. Only the bed was white and it seemed so inviting to just lie down on it after days of sleeping in those inhumane little huts. 

But first she must get changed.

As Gem opened the wardrobe, her jaws almost dropped. There was no proper wear. No jeans, no T-shirts, not even a dress.

All she saw was...piles and piles of lacy underwear. And not just any ordinary underwear. They were in all sorts of color, designs and from different brands. She took a black one out with a Chanel label and held it up in distaste. The sheer lace covered little and left nothing to imagination. Was Luke Garon pranking on her?

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. Still holding the lacy underwear, Gem opened the door and came face to face to the Dark Lord himself.

"How are the accomodations?" he asked, grinning.

"Utterly fantastic," she muttered.

Suddenly, Luke Garon's lips twitched with amusement. He was gazing down at the lacy underwear in her hands. 

"I need to ask you this." Gem held up the underwear angrily. "Are there other proper clothes here besides these improper things? Don't tell me you vampires don't do shopping once every hundred years."

He didn't look the least bit apologetic. All he did was smile. "Oh dear, did Ruby buy the wrong clothes? I told her to stock up on women wear but it appears she bought the wrong things."

Gem narrowed her eyes. "I can't wear this. Get me another fucking thing."

"Why can't you wear it?" he asked innocently. If he thought he could get away with this by putting on an act, he was so wrong. 

"Because...I don't wear things like that!"

"You should." His eyes raked down her body and Gem suddenly felt hot and bothered by his intent gaze. He finally looked back up and met her gaze. "You will look good in it." He said it as if it was a definite statement. 

Hell no. For someone who's in charge of the vampiric world, Luke Garon seemed like an utter moron. There was a reason why she had never dated anyone before and it was not because of her hardass attitude although that played a role but also because she...didn't do or wear things proper women did. It wasn't as if she didn't try but putting all those feminine clothes made her feel disgusting. 

"So are you getting me proper clothing anot?" Gem demanded. "I refuse to wear something like that. I would rather go out naked."

"Please do then." He grinned and his eyes twinkled with interest. She didn't want to guess what was running through his mind. 

"Fuck you," she swore and slammed the door shut.