~ XVII ~

[Buckle up cos this chapter is a long one]

~O~

CHAPTER XVII

I run my hand up and down her back soothingly, hoping it will calm her down.

"Kookie... I'm so scared." She utters, feeling my shoulder getting even more soaked.

"It's okay, I'm here, everything's okay now." I pull away from the hug.

I gaze at her and hold her face in my hands, wiping her tears with my thumb.

I lean in and gently press my lips on hers, giving her a tender kiss.

She responds to the kiss as the passion fills the room.

She's so delicate and fragile. I must protect her at all costs.

I feel her smile into the kiss, sense of relief washes over me, knowing that I successfully calmed her down.

I pull away from the kiss and give her a tender smile.

"Thank you so much, Kookie." She hugs me again.

"Tomorrow, I wanna take you on a date." I say and she pulls away from the hug, giving me a look filled with awe.

"Okay."

"You stay here, okay? I'll go downstairs and conclude the meeting, then when I come back the rest of my time is yours. And I'll make sure to keep an eye on Jimin." I tell her with both my hands on her shoulders.

"Alright, I'll wait here."

I walk out of the room and head downstairs.

"Hey guys, something came up and we have to end the meeting, let's just continue on planning the program on Monday. You guys can go." I announce.

They all nod and they start to pack their things.

I give Jimin a scowl, letting him know how utterly furious I am with him.

I proceed to head upstairs.

I open the door to my room and notice Y/n sitting on my bed, lost in thought with visible sorrow in her eyes.

"Y/n, are you alright?" I ask, concern evident in my voice.

"Huh? Oh yeah." She says, looking down on her lap.

I take a seat beside her; she glances at me as a tear rolls down her cheek.

I take a hold of her hand, hoping she knows that I'll always protect her.

"I don't understand, why would Jimin do that?" She asks.

I would tell her 'I told you so' but now's not the right time.

"Stop thinking about him. He's an asshole, he doesn't deserve a thought from you." I say.

"I hindered myself from meeting new people and making friends to prevent myself from getting hurt. Then when I was told that people were trustable and there's no need to worry about getting hurt anymore, I let go of that facade. Then this sort of thing happens to me. I should've just continued to shut myself out from other people, this wouldn't have happened if I did." She explains.

"What did I do so wrong in my life to deserve this?" She asks, giving me a sorrowful gaze.

"Baby, you never did anything wrong, sure things that happen in life may knock you down, but your part is to get back up, stronger, more confident and more fearless, and focus more on the positives so next time when life tries to knock you down again, it won't be able to knock you down anymore because you've become tougher and much more powerful than you were." I say, holding her face between both my hands.