~ II ~

CHAPTER II

The Teacher concluded the lesson and dismissed the students, giving them the freedom to have lunch.

As Y/n gathers her belongings and places them in her backpack, she glances at the doorway that leads to the main hallway of the school. She notices Jungkook exiting the room.

"Jungkook!" She hollers at the young boy as she slings her backpack on her back, stands up and paces towards his direction.

"Hmm?" Jungkook hums as he looks at the direction of the voice that called his attention.

"About the tutoring sessions, where would you like to have it?" Y/n inquires in a monotone voice.

"Anywhere is fine." Jungkook replies with a smile, hoping to raise her mood.

"My house?" Y/n's voice remains monotone.

"There's fine." The young boy rubs his nape.

"Alright. We meet at the school gate after classes finish." Y/n commands then leaves the room in no time.

Y/n arrives and steps foot into the cafeteria. Her eyes scanning the place, and stops the moment she spots Rosé. Y/n approaches the table she's seated on.

"Wow, thanks for waiting for me back at the classroom." Y/n says with a hint of sarcasm before taking a seat beside her bestfriend.

"Sorry buddy, my stomach started rumbling and you were taking too long." Rosé apologized as she happily munched on her food.

"It's fine. I was just kidding." Y/n smiles and ruffles her hair.

~o~

Approximately, after 5 minutes of munching and consuming of food, Rosé's gaze averts to the entrance of the cafeteria, seeing Jungkook enter and sit on a table with some unfamiliar students. The students notice Jungkook sitting on the seat adjacent to them, they stood up and transferred to a table opposite to the one they had just fled. Rosé couldn't help but feel sympathy when she noticed the frown forming on the lonely boy's face as he sat alone, hopeless of making new friends on his first day. Rosé's attention was all on Jungkook sitting alone, she didn't realize that Y/n was trying to talk to her.

"Hello??" Y/n taps a spot on Rosé's shoulder.

"I feel bad for Jungkook." She motions towards the table parallel from their's.

"Why?" Y/n raises an eyebrow.

"Because......Look at him, he's eating all alone with a frown on his face." Rosé sympathizes.

"And?" Y/n sneakily takes a nugget from Rosé's lunch box, knowing all her attention is somewhere else.

"Don't you feel bad for him??" Rosé questions her

"Not really, you're aware of what happened to me back in elementary, since then I'm not interested in making any new friends. I have issues trusting people."

"I know but......like why not get to know him first before you judge." Rosé has lost all her enthusiasm due to her bestfriend's lack of social skills.

"Fine, do whatever you like." Y/n rolls her eyes.

"Yes!" Rosé throws her fist in the air. She arose from her seat and approached the table Jungkook is seated on.

Y/n watches as Rosé talks to Jungkook with a gigantic smile on her face. Rosé walks back with a face of accomplishment and a not-so-confident Jungkook walking behind her. Rosé takes a seat and pats the space next to her, telling Jungkook to sit next to her.

"So, Jungkook, what are your hobbies?" Rosé inquires him with the same gigantic smile.

"I like singing and dancing." Jungkook rubs his nape.

"Do you like reading?" Rosé inquires some more.

"I guess so." Jungkook smiles awkwardly.

"Do you-"

"I gotta go prepare for class now." Y/n interjects as she stood up and tidies her spot the table.

"Why in a rush? Class is not until an hour and ten minutes from now." Rosé remarked.

"Uhh I-I just have to go." Y/n stutters as she just could not handle another second more of Rosé's and Jungkook's awkward conversation.

Y/n trudges out of the cafeteria and proceeds to walk towards the direction of the student lockers. She halts at her locker, inputs the combination and places her lunch bag in. A person abruptly taps on her shoulder, startling her, thinking it was Rosé, she elbowed the person in the gut, not being in the mood to talk. Y/n then quickly turned around the moment she heard a deep, masculine groan.

"OH MY GOSH! I'm so sorry!" Y/n apologizes as she helps the unfamiliar student up.

"No, it's okay, it's my fault I shouldn't have snuck up behind you like that." The student holds on to his stomach.

"Do I need to take you to the infirmary?" Y/n questions the student in pain with concern.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I am sure." He smiles to give Y/n assurance.

"Are you a new student? I don't think I recall seeing you around here." Y/n raises an eyebrow.

"Uhh yeah- sort of, I'm Jimin. Park Jimin I'm an exchange student." Jimin states.

"Well, Jimin, sorry again." Y/n pats his back as guilt runs through her veins.

"You could tell me your name, if you're truly sorry" Jimin smiles.

"Oh.... My name is Y/n." Y/n answers in a monotone voice.

"I have a question, could you help me locate classroom 3-2?" Jimin requests politely.

"It's down by the hallway, then through the intersection, third door on your left." Y/n gestures down the hallway.

"Alright, umm. Thanks." Jimin looks down at the pieces of paper under his grip. Y/n nods, closes her locker and leaves the spot, having a desire of being the early bird in her next class.

But before she could step foot anywhere, a hand firmly grips on her arm, causing her to turn her head to the owner of the hand.

"Hold on, could you help me with one last thing?" Jimin looks at her with pleading eyes.

"What is it?" Y/n asks with a hint of irritation in her voice.

"Could you perhaps, give me a tour around the school." Jimin requests as he removes his grip on her arm.

"Do I look like a tour guide to you?" Y/n spoke with sarcasm.

"Please? I could barely survive another hour on my own not knowing where to go." Jimin pleads.

"No. I have things I should be doing right now." Y/n blatantly lies, not having any interest in giving the annoying boy a tour around school.

"Pretty please? There's still an hour until the next class." Jimin pleads as he makes eye contact with Y/n. His eyes are practically begging her.

"Fine." Y/n gave in as she rolls her eyes, clearly showing she was already irritated.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Word Count - 1086

A/N

Hello again everyone! i actually already finished this book, just making a few edits here and there before i can fully commit to publishing the remaining chapters.

nonetheless, i hope you enjoyed the story so far.

with Love, Author-Nim