Chapter Twenty-Seven

He marked me. He really shouldn't of done that. I'm happy he did and I love him more than anything but he could of been happy without me. I hate the thought of him constantly having to look after me and protect me, that's not a relationship that's having a body guard. Wrapping the thin bed sheet around me tighter my eyes fluttered from exhaustion. The effects of Alex's mark was already starting to take it's toll. I walked forward towards him back to the bed stumbling slightly, Alex automatically wrapped his arms around me keeping me safe from harm.

He pulled me onto the bed wrapping the bed sheets around me as I shivered curling into him. He kissed my hair and I closed my eyes as his venom ran through my blood stream and whimpering in pain as it seared through my body. Alex's hold on me tightened and he let a small trail of kisses down the side of my neck. Closing my eyes I winced as the pain increased, my breathing quickened coming out in short gasps.

"Shhh Col it'll be okay, I'll make it go away I promise" He murmured against my neck, I whimpered again as the pain doubled. My body was on fire, I could feel my bones getting stronger with every second. Clenching my jaw I trembled violently as the venom rocked through my body. I thrashed around violently trying to get the pain to stop, Alex just held me tightly not letting me go and I felt tears stream down my face.

"Сделать это остановить [Make it stop]" I sobbed clutching the sheets, I buried my head in Alex's chest and he rubbed my arms trying to comfort me. My body shook and I sobbed loudly wanting the pain to end. Never have I ever experienced pain like this. Not with my first shift, hell not even with Vladislav. 

"Don't cry Col please it'll get better I swear, it's almost over I promise just hang on a little" Alex whispered in my ear, I sobbed at the sound of his voice. He sounded like he was in pain and I had no idea why, I could remember some English but not a lot. I screamed as my shoulders cracked, the bones shattering within seconds. I knew what was happening instantly.

When Alex marked me he bit an artery at my neck, his wolf venom ran through my blood connecting on impact. The process was quicker because I'm his mate, he was trying to turn me back into a wolf. My right femur snapped in half and I screamed loudly, I was on fire the pain was unbearable. Alex whispered in my ear reminding me he was here with me, not letting me go through this alone. He kissed my hair and face as I screamed in agony into his chest. Another crack and my body twisted into an unnatural angle, the bones in my spine had shifted out of place causing me to lay paralysed on the bed. I sobbed as the pain increased, I just wanted it to be over.

Suddenly the pain stopped, it just stopped leaving me feeling numb. I opened my eyes slowly staring up at Alex, he looked terrified and pained at the same time. I gave him a small smile before I was thrown back. My body fell into the wall and I felt myself shift into my wolf, she howled in recognition for me. I fell to the floor on shaky legs and watched as Alex shifted into his strong black wolf.

I stared in awe at my mate, he stood tall and proud in front of me. His eyes were just as black as his fur coat and I shivered under his gaze. He padded over to me slowly as if not to scare me and stopped just in front of me. I watched as he laid down on his stomach showing me he had no intentions of harming me. I tried to stand up to come towards him but fell, my legs were still weak from the shift. Alex quickly came over to me nuzzling the back of my neck, I purred in delight at his touch. The sparks flew all over my body, even in wolf form I could feel it, the mate connection was back.

Thank you... I whispered to him through the mind link. He rubbed his face up against my body affectionately and I purred at the action.
You're welcome Col... He chuckled back. He bent his head down under my stomach trying to lift me up. I leaned against the wall for support and stood on shaky legs, he gestured for me to lean on him and of course I complied. Limping slightly he lead me into the middle of the room and I breathed a sigh of happiness, everything was going to be okay. I have my wolf back, my mate and the pack is safe and my owner Vladislav Safronov is dead.