Chapter Six

The moment the words left his mouth I literally heard my heart snap in two. I froze, I couldn't move if I tried, I had lost everything. The worst part was it was all my fault. It was my fault that he had to shift alone with out his mate. My fault that he was so angry all the time. My fault that he was no longer close with his parents. All my fault.

''It's my fault'' I whispered aloud, pain flickered across his angular features before quickly returning to the usual glare, I thought I had imagined it. I stared into his coal coloured eyes, wanting to tell him why I disappeared. My mouth opened as I contemplated the idea but snapped shut before I could speak, I what the hell was I thinking. I couldn't tell him that. The door opened and Brian walked in, I looked up at him with tears now streaming down my face, this was the first time I've cried in four years despite of what had happened. Brian looked at me, his face filling for worry and concern for me. He stalked towards us and stopped next to his son. He looked between us both and figured out from Alex's murderous glare and my tear drenched face what had happened.

''Please tell me you didn't do what I thought you did'' Brian whispered at Alex. It was extremly rare to reject your mate, and also highly frowned upon. It never happened and the pressure from the wolves in the pack force either one of them to leave in shame. Like I said, it never happens. Alex straightened up and turned towards his father.

''I rejected her, she deserves a lot worse for what she's done to me'' He hissed glaring at me, Brian stood in front of me, shielding me from Alex's vicious looks. I let out a quiet sob, he was right. Brian stood shocked at his son, obviously lost for words.
''Who are you?'' He asked Alex in horror, Alex ran a hand through his dark brown hair and walked towards the door but stopped to turn back.
''I am Alex Carter, future alpha of this pack and who has recently rejected his mate'' He said coldly and left the room slamming the door behind him.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Brian drove me back to the house in utter silence, he walked in and Marie ran up and sighed at  me, her eyes filled with sorrow. Brian probably told her through the bond. Mates that are both wolves can talk to each other through a mind link, the link faded when I was taken but I could probably still talk to Alex even though he rejected me.

''I'm so sorry sweetie'' Marie said sadly, I gave a forced smile and she sat me down in the kitchen. Brian sat next to me whilst Marie turned away and started making coffee.
''We've booked a speech therapist for you'' Brian told me with a tight smile, I nodded, Marie sat down and placed a cup in front of me along with an energy bar. I picked it up and looked at it curiously.

''It helps you gain weight, you're nothing but skin and bones darling'' Marie said bluntly, I grinned at her, it was so typical of Marie to tell it how it is.
''Don't sugar coat it sweat heart'' Brian snorted.

Suddenly, the door burst open and Aaron ran in looking angry. I cringed away from the look on his face, when his eyes settled on me and he saw my reaction he stopped immediately. He walked over and knelt in front of me.

''I'm sorry I couldn't get here earlier, everyone's still at school, I managed to get Mrs. Adams to send me home to see if you're okay'' Aaron explained. I smiled, it made me happy that he cared enough to be worried about me, there was hope.
''It is fine Aaron, I am okay'' I told him, he still looked upset. I wonder what's wrong.
''I'm so sorry Colette, I've treated you terribly ever since you got back and I am so sorry for that'' He apologised.

I held my breath and ignored every fibre in my body to stop what I was doing, I leant over to my brother and hugged him. I wanted desperately to run away but I held myself in place, he froze for a moment before he hugged me back. I clenched my eyes shut and just tried to enjoy the moment but that feeling never came. I finally pulled back away from his touch and smiled at him, he beamed back at me, his blue eyes sparkling with excitement.