Chapter Three

The words rocked through my body and shattered my heart inside. I shook my head, this was not possible, he couldn't have a girlfriend, he loved me. He told me he did, he told me he would wait forever for me, he told me I was his perfect mate.

''It is not possible, he told me I was the only one for him, it cannot be true'' I whispered. Brian's face revealed the truth, he wasn''t lying. My face crumpled and I broke down in sobs. I thought he loved me.

''Who is the girl?'' I asked through gritted teeth. Brian looked uncomfortable.  

''It's Tammy'' I gasped, no not Tammy. 

''Tammy? My best friend Tammy?'' I asked, my heart in my throat. I had always know that she'd had a big crush on Alex but she had always respected the fact that he was my mate.

''How long?'' I whispered. He looked away.  

''3 weeks after you left'' He said tightly. I whimpered. He didn't even wait till I was found. Did he not love me? 

''I would like to return to bed if that is okay?'' I asked quietly, I couldn't take any more news and I was tired. He nodded.  

''I'll show you to your room, Aaron moved in to the pack house after Karen and John died'' Brian explained quietly, I closed my eyes. What a mess everything is.

He led me up the corridor and past the room I had originally woke up in, he turned down the corridor and opened a door on his right. He stepped in the room, it was fairly large with white walls and an already made clean bed. It had a huge cupboard and an en-suite. At the bottom of my room were three large windows that looked out onto the forest and the back garden. I looked back at Brian.

''Thank you'' I said gratefully. He smiled sadly.  

''I've been thinking, why don't you go back to school? It's only a year left I know but it might be good for you. We haven't told anybody you're here yet, only myself, the new beta Collin and the Elders know'' He told me, I smiled.

''Yes I will return to school, I would be grateful if you kept where I was a secret'' I said referring to Vladislav. Brian nodded.  

''Of course Colette, get some sleep, school starts tomorrow'' He told me before gently shutting the door behind him.

I climbed into bed, I hadn't slept on a bed since I was taken 4 years ago. There was a bed in the cell at Vladislav's but I wasn't aloud to sleep on it as it was for performance reasons only. I touched the soft sheets around me and it didn't take long till I was fast asleep.

*Colette's dream*

''пожалуйста, пожалуйста, я утра извините владелец, пожалуйста прощать мне'' 

[Please, please, I am sorry master, please forgive me] 

Vladislav dragged me to the center of the room and hung me to the ceiling by my wrists. Suddenly he carved the lines into my back making the scars more bigger and uglier. 

I screamed out in pain.

''пожалуйста, остановить'' I begged. 

[Please, stop] 

When he finally withdrew the knife I felt the blood run down my back. He grabbed my hair and hissed in my ear. 

''что заставлять учить вы к не повиноваться мне снова'' 

[That will teach you to disobey me again]