Chapter Twenty

Hannah helped me up and I limped my way down the school corridor and into her car, I could smell the wolves following us back to the back house for our protection. I made sure to keep the blank and emotionless look on my face when I stumbled in. Brian rushed over to us and picked me up in his arms, he carried up to my room and set me down in the bathroom with Hannah and Marie following closely behind. Brian turned to leave and I grabbed his arm.

"Do not try and find him, I will not have those men dangering the lives of this pack. They will slaughter everyone in their path, I cannot let Alex get hurt or killed over me" I said in a low voice, he swallowed shaking his head. I knew he would give in eventually, he loves Alex no matter what he says and I know the alpha wolf in him will stop him from endangering the pack.

"Colette I don't know-"
"Brian you cannot put the pack in danger, including you own son. Promise me you will not try and find Maxim. I will deal with this" I reasoned with him, he nodded reluctantly before walking out of the room.

"Colette, are you sure-" Marie started but I cut her off.
"Yes, would you please try and convince Alex as well because I know he will try and find Maxim no matter what I say. I cannot have him getting hurt" I told her and she nodded leaving the room.

Hannah helped me into the bath tub and I took off Alex's hoodie and sat in the hot water in just my shredded t-shirt. I stayed silent as Hannah sat next to me with sad eyes.

"You don't have to be like this you know" She whispered, I sighed quietly and looked over at her keeping the blank look on my face.
"Do what?" I asked and she bit her lip.
"Act strong, I know it's fake, remember who you're talking to" She said, I stayed silent for a moment before grimacing. I curled up in the tub and let out a small sob, I let the wall come crashing down and my emotions out. Hannah grabbed my hand and held it tight showing me she was with me all the way.

"He..he ra-" She cut me off pulling me into a hug not caring if she got wet.
"Don't, you don't have to say it. You'll get through this, I'll help you" She said sincerely and I bit my lip trembling.
"But Hannah..." I trailed off as more tears streamed down my face.
"You're strong Colette. You suffered four years of hell and maneged to come back to this shit and still you didn't once break down" She said fiercely, I swallowed and looked up at her.

"What are you gonner do about Alex, are you just gonner block him out or-"
"Yes, I have to. Not just Alex, everyone. It will be easier when I leave anyway" I told her, she frowned at my new plan.
"You can't do that Colette" She told me and I looked at her ludicrously.
"Why not? If I do this they will not miss me when I am gone, and hopefully they will not try to find me" I shrugged, she sighed but nodded anyway.

"Fine, but I'm not happy about it" She scowled and I nodded.
"Good"

What happened? My wolf asked sounding weak, I narrowed my eyes and hissed through my teeth as Hannah looked at me wearily.
Oh so now you turn up! I growled in anger at my wolf, I felt her confusion.
I was angry at you for kissing Jackson and hurting our mate so I left for a while, what the hell happened to you? She asked and I scowled.
I was raped. And because you were pissy at me  and left, I couldn't send help for Alex to save us through the bond! I shouted at her, I felt her shock and sadness and immediately felt bad for being so harsh on her.

I'm sorry, I was just so angry. Who was it? She asked with sorrow in her voice. I replayed the scene bringing tears to my eyes, I hated remembering. She started howling in pain at the thought of another mans hands on us instead of Alex's. After a while she stopped and I explained my plan to her.
It's a good idea, I don't want Alex getting mixed up in any of this... She whispered and I nodded in agreement.

The plan will work, if I was distant with Alex and the rest of the pack hopefully they won't miss me when I'm gone, and if they don't miss me they won't try to find me. Then they won't get killed, the thought of anyone getting hurt by Vladislav and his men just to find me.