Chapter Eight

••• Alex Carter •••

Did she really say that? I had to have been hallucinating, she didn't say that. Colette didn't just tell me she loved me? I was currently laying down on my bed with Tammy over the other side, we didn't cuddle up and that crap like most couples, for god's sake we weren't even close. The more I think about it, our relationship is mainly based around sex. Not like that's a bad thing, it's just sometimes I miss being close to someone. Someone like my mate for example.

I sighed, did she even mean it when she said she loved me, she was half asleep so she could of been dreaming about somebody else. Maybe she had a boyfriend whilst she was away, my fists clenched at the thought of her being with someone else. Someone kissing her instead of me, holding her instead of me.

But she said she was taken my wolf reminded me. I growled at the memory, the look on her face as she fought to remember what happened to her. What did she mean she was taken? Did somebody blackmail her into leaving? Kidnap her? And if so, what did they do to her? I'm guessing that's where she got all those scars from. And by the way she reacted, or didn't react to being hit with a hockey stick, it seems as though she's used to pain. Who would do this to her?

I rubbed my face in my hands, why was I even thinking about this. Just because she said she loved me doesn't change anything. Okay so yeah, it does make me more curious, and it does make me want to tear off the heads of the people who gave her those scars but I can't do that.

I can't exactly ignore the feeling both my wolf an I felt when she said those three little words. Fire ignited in my chest like never before and it took all my strength not to kiss her there and then. I never felt this way about Tammy. Only one girl can make me feel this way and she was only two rooms down the hall.

I knew I would regret this but I got up anyway and walked towards the bedroom door in my boxers. I looked back to check if Tammy had woken up, who was I kidding, the apocalypse wouldn't even wake that girl up. I walked out into the hall and stopped outside her room, it was pitch black and I could only see by my wolf vision. Right now, at this point in time, I couldn't feel more like a perv. Standing outside my ex girlfriend's room in only my boxers.

I couldn't hear anything, well I knew I wouldn't, all the rooms are sound proof. Besides, Colette used to sleep like a baby before she left. I couldn't believe what I was doing, but I had to see her. I placed my hand on the door handle and pushed down gently opening the door.

I opened it a crack and screams of agony erupted from her room. I didn't think, I ran into her room slamming the door behind me and practically flew over to her. She was screaming as if she was being murdered. I knelt on the bed next to her and shook her shoulders trying to wake her up. What the hell is she dreaming of?!

"Colette wake up!" I shouted trying to get her to open her eyes. She thrashed in my arms and started screaming in Russian. After a few seconds she switched back I English and the words made me choke in terror.

"PLEASE STOP, IT HURTS. I SORRY MASTER I SORRY! IT NO HAPPEN AGAIN, STOP! ALEX, ALEX, PLEASE ALEX HELP, MAKE IT STOP!" She roared at the top of her lungs, I looked on at her thrashing body. Colette screamed again in horror as I sat frozen by her side.
"NO!" She roared again and bolted up right gasping finally awake. Her eyes settled on me and she froze, the only sound in the room was her panting.

"How much did you see?" She asked quietly, her voice barely above a whisper. Her voice stilted from her accent. I swallowed and my wolf howled in pain at seeing our mate so distraught.
"Enough" I answered gruffly. I sat frozen next to her as she tried to control her breathing, what could I say to her? What the fuck was she dreaming about to make her to scared? I wanted to know everything, screw not being close I needed to know what happened to my mate whilst she was gone.