Chapter Four

After school I walked home back to the pack house. All the times I had hoped and prayed to see Alex again had finally payed off, just not in the way I was hoping for. I wiped the tears away from my face, Tammy betrayed me, she told me when she found out that Alex and I were mates that she would never make a move on him. So much for best friends forever.

I walked up the porch steps and opened the door, the rest of the wolves were already back as they all had cars. I sighed and walked up the stairs and into my room. I dumped my bag down beside my bed and layed down on the bed. I didn't get even thirty seconds to myself when Alex barged in.

''Can I help you?'' I asked politely, he scowled at me and I flinched away. I hated it when he looked at me like that. He looked the same, if not hotter. His dark brown hair was a little longer but it still fell in front of his eyes which were the same pitch black.

''Who the hell do you think you are? You think you can just run away, without even a decent excuse and just leave without telling anybody, then you expect us to welcome you back?'' He asked angrily. I cringed away from him, if only he knew.

''What do you want Alex?'' I asked in a voice so low I was surprised he heard me. He snorted in disgust. 

''What I want is for you to leave and never come back'' He sneered at me. I stared at him, it felt as if he had literally ripped out my heart. It was agony hearing him say that. I looked down at my feet. 

''It is up to your father'' I whispered and Alex stormed out the door. Minutes later I heard Alex and Brian screaming at each other, I ran out the door and towards Brian's office. I didn't want them fighting over me, it wasn't fair and Alex was right. I opened the door and the shouting stopped.

''I will leave if it makes it any better'' I whispered and Brian shook his head. 

''Colette we only just got you back, you are not leaving us. Besides, who knows what could happen to you'' He said referring to Vladislav. 

''I think she should leave'' Alex said to his father, Brian pinched the bridge of his nose trying to calm himself. 

''Colette is staying with us, is that understood boy?'' Brian barked in his alpha tone. No wolf can resist an alpha order, humans can resist it but they don't like the feeling so they usually just go along with it.

''Why can't she just leave?!'' Alex bellowed at the alpha, I trembled, I hated loud noises. Loud noises at Vladislav's meant he wanted something from me. 

''It's not fucking safe!'' Brian shouted back. I tried to calm myself down, Alex turned to me with hate in his eyes. 

''Why did you have to come back? Why can't you just go back to where ever you came from?!'' Alex roared at me. I stumbled back and cowered into the wall behind me, trying desperately not to cry.

''Get out Alex'' Brian ordered and Alex left without another word. Brian knelt in front of my trembling body. 

''I am sorry I did not mean to upset you both'' I sniffled. He shook his head and smiled at me. 

''You've done nothing wrong Colette, it's not your fault my son's a dick'' I laughed along with him and stood up. He always made me feel happy no matter what. He smiled down at me.

''Come on, I doubt you've had anything to eat today have you?'' He asked with raised eyebrows, he sighed. 

''We'll have to eat with Alex and Tammy if that's not too bad and Aaron will be joining us'' I grimaced but followed him to the dining room. Aaron looked at me disgustedly.

''How can you stand there when she left us, she didn't even come back when Alex shifted, let alone when our parents died-'' 

''Enough, you will not speak to her in that way, is that understood?'' Brian growled at everyone, they nodded in reply and sat down. I took a seat next to Brian. The cook Marie and Brian's mate rushed through and immediately fussed over me. I hadn't seen her since I was taken.