The Goodbye

[a/n I just realized that AVPS came out on July 17 but we're just going to pretend it came out a couple months later]

"That was an interesting q&a, now it's time to move on" Olivia said with a fake pouty face.

Flashback

Today is the day that Olivia was leaving Chicago for good. Not that she wouldn't be back. She would be back in a couple of months for AVPS, but it was still sad to leave. This would be the first time in years that Lauren wasn't just a phone call away. Lauren was the reason Olivia didn't want to go. She was her best friend, she didn't want that to change.

Olivia and Darren decided to drive back to LA so Olivia could bring all of her stuff in one trip. Lauren and Joey was over at Olivias apartment with Darren. They had spent the night the night before so they could spend time together.

"Common let's go wake them up" Lauren said to Joey after they finished making breakfast for their friends.

"Wait Lo come here." Joey said grabbing ahold of Lauren's wrist.

"What's up" Lauren asked confused.

"Lo I'm in love with you" Joey blurted out.

"O-oh" was all Lauren could say.

"Damnit that not how I wanted to say that." Joey laughed awkwardly "Lo seeing our best fiends take on this new chapter in their life has really opened my eyes and showed me that I want that" he said pointing towards Olivia room. "With you"

"I-I-I" Lauren stuttered shocked.

"Y-you don't have to say anything I-I totally get it if you don't feel the same way...can we just act like I never said anything." Joey laughed awkwardly as Lauren stared at him in shock. "Common let's just go wake them up." Joey said as he turned away.

This time it was Lauren's turn to grab Joeys wrist and turn him around. Once he was facing her Lauren stared at him in his eyes and stayed silent for a minute just looking into his brown eyes.

"I love you too" Lauren smiled as she closed the gap between them. Joey smiled after they pulled away.

"Oh my god you really had me scared." Joey said not able to wipe the smiled off of his face.

"Shut up you loser, let's go wake up these love birds" Lauren said as she interlocked their hands and walked towards Olivias room to wake them up.

"Wake up love-" Lauren started but stoped as she saw Olivia fully clothed on top of Darren. "Okay. Well just leave you guys too it"

Olivia rolled off of Darren embarrassed but sat up as she saw Joey and Lauren holding hands and smirked.

-

"Lo I'm gonna miss you so much" Olivia cried as she hugged Lauren for the 20th time in the last 30 minutes.

"Me too Liv me too" Lauren cried back before she pulled Olivia out of the hug. "No. No more crying. Your going to move to LA with your amazing boyfriend and you're going to get a killer acting job and then your going to release your first album and I'm going to be there for every important milestone in your life. I promise I'm never leaving you for good"

"Hey Liv. I'm sorry to interrupt but if we're going to make it to our hotel in time we better get going." Darren said as he walked out of the front door.

"Okay just a minute" Olivia told Darren before she turned her attention back to Lauren "I love you Lo... don't be a stranger." She said giving her one more hug before going to Joey.

"Thanks for being my big brother." She smiled as she pulled him into a hug. "Oh and one more thing. If you hurt Lauren I will fly down here myself and kick you so hard you won't be able to have baby's." Olivia whispered into Joey's ear before she pulled away.

"I could never." He smiled.

Olivia made her way over to Darrens car and go into the passenger seat. She buckled her seatbelt and rolled down the car window.

"I love you guys." She yelled with tears falling from her eyes as Darren drove away.

Once they were out of site from Lauren and Joey, Olivia let out a sob and put her hands into her head.

"Hey hey hey Liv" Darren said reaching over the console to put his hand on her shoulder. "Hey it's okay. We're going to be back in less then 4 months to start AVPS. You're  going to see her again. I promise." Darren comforted her.

"I know it's just..." Olivia started. "It's the first time I'm not gonna just phone call away from her... but it's fine...cause now I'm just a phone call away from you." Olivia smiled.

Flashback Over

"So I know this isn't necessarily about me and Darren." Olivia started

"But Joey and Lauren just announced their engagement and they are both such a big part of our life." Darren finished.

"And Lauren was and still is my best friend. It was hard for a while when she was in Chicago, but when she moved to LA we got even closer and she definitely kept her promise." Olivia smiled.