Chapter 12

"I'll get it," I offered, standing up from the couch as I heard the doorbell.

"Who is it?" Brandy asked from her place on the family room floor, playing Uno with the boys.

"No clue," I shrugged, walking towards the door and answering it.

I swung it open, it revealing a figure I haven't seen in, like, forever.

"Oh my gosh!" I screeched, throwing myself into the arms of my beloved sister. 

"Audrey I've missed you!" She giggled, tightly hugging me by my waist. "How are you?"

"Oh my gosh, I'm great! How are you?" I squealed, practically dragging her into the house.

"Fantastic," 

Her long blonde hair is much shorter than I remeber and she looks more built than before. She isn't wearing her galsses anymore either, she must have traded them in for contacts like I did a few years ago.

"Boys look who's here!" I boasted.

Tyler and Kyler booked over to Kylee, throwing themselves at her. 

"Hi Kylee!" Kyler laughed, hugging her one leg while Tyler hugged the other.

"Hey guys," Kylee smiled, kneeling down to their level, talking and giggling. 

Brandy and I smiled at each other as we watched them interact. She hasn't really spent a whole lot of time with them since they were like two years old. Shorty after they turned two, Kylee went off to college at U Penn.

"What brings you back, Kylee?" Brandy asked, giving her a tight hug once they boys' turn was over. "You still have a year left of college yet." 

"Yeah, but I've come with exciting news."

Me too. If Mom or Tom hasn't told her anything yet.

"What's that?" Brandy asked her, leading her into the kitchen.

I followed, sitting at the island. 

"Well I've been dating a really nice guy now, Blake, for almost three years." She smiled, sitting on a stool and folding her hands in her lap.

I remember, he's the one she would always send me pictures of when we still talked everyday. 

"I remember him," I nodded. "Wow it's been three years already?"

"Almost," she corrected. "Three years in December, next month."

I nodded again, indicating for her to go on.

"He has asked me to marry him!" She squealed, clapping obnoxiously. 

Marry him?

"Oh my Ky," I giggled, standing up to hug her again. "Congratulations."

"Thanks sis," She smiled, flashing me her rock on her ring finger.

It was gorgeous.

"That's great honey," Brandy smiled, kissing her cheek. "Do mom and dad know you're down from college yet?"

"No," she shook her head. "Mom and I talked about planning a trip for me to come home but nothing was set in stone yet. I wanted to surprise her."

Surprised all of us. 

"Is mom or dad home?"

"No they're both at work right now." Brandy informed her with a shake of her head.

"On a Saturday?" She cocked her head to the side in confusion. "I know mom is at the office 24/7 but dad?"

"They have both been spending a lot of time focusing on their jobs lately." I shrugged.