Chapter 27

I sat in my third period AP English, trying my best to keep my focus on the material Mrs. Jackson was lecturing. But somehow my mind kept wandering about my babies.

There is still so much to do before they arrive. But I know that Matt and I will get it taken care of, we always do. And we're not alone. 

"Audrey," 

I snapped out of my thoughts and turned my head to Sage, standing there with her books in her hand.

"Bell rang," she informed me and pointed towards the door, where students were gushing out of the room.

I nodded and carefully stood up, collecting my books and walking out of our classroom with Sage.

"Are you okay?" She asked, concerned, as we wandered down the hall to our next class.

I signed and shook my head. "Yeah I'm fine, just a lot on my mind."

"Everything will be okay and you know it," she eased. "You literally always do this to yourself, stop overthinking."

I hate that she's right. 

"I promise," she smiled softly. 

I smiled back, but still couldn't shake the feeling that constantly washed over me.

I am a baby having babies.

"We're all here for you," Sage reminded me, once again.

Though I know this, it is still really nice to hear. 

I saw Matt walking towards me with a smile tugging at his lips.

"Why so happy?" I giggled as he sweetly pecked my lips.

"'Cause my girl is super cute," he mused.

"Oh, is she now?" I teased. "She sounds wonderful."

"She is," he smirked, "how's my girl?"

I nodded, searching for words to say as we cut through the commons and lost Sage somewhere along the way. "I'm great, how's my baby?"

"Great," He did that bro head nod to one of the guys that passed us by. "I want our babies to come though," 

"Only 15 more weeks, it'll fly by, even though this has felt like an eternity so far."

"For you maybe, but I can't believe they'll be here soon."

It makes me wonder if he is actually so excited to be a father at 17 years old. I mean there's no going back now so what can we do? I feel like the only option is to raise them to be the best human beings that we can.

That's the goal, anyway.

"You hungry?" Matt asked me.

Uh is that even a question?

I gave him a blank, sarcastic look. "Um yes,"

"I have pineapple in my bag that I probably won't eat." He took the small container out of his chilled lunch bag and handed it to me.

Almost immediately I began to eat the fruit with my fingers as I neared the door of my next class. "Thanks babe," I said with a mouthful.

"Of course," he chuckled, kissing me on the forehead as I began my next course, and he walked away go his next class.

I'm so over school.

~.~

"I want a tattoo," I informed he family as we got cleaned up from dinner.

"You're 16, cool it," Dad muttered as he set dishes in the sink.

I shrugged. He didn't say that when I got pregnant. "I'm going to work on some homework,"