Chapter 1

"Hey babe!" Matt greeted me, walking into my room. I was sitting on my bed drawing in my sketch book with my music blasting.

"Who let you in?" I wondered, standing up to turn off the music and formally greet my beloved boyfriend.

He gave me a quick kiss, but not a hug like he usually does.

"Brandy, she just got back from grocery shopping." He informed me.

Brandy is our nanny-housekeeper-maid person. She prettty much does all the motherly stuff when my mom isn't around. Mom has lots of business trips out of town all the time so Brandy is paid to do the stuff mom is supposed to.

"Oh really? So Brandy's home?" I asked sarcastically.

"Tom is, too. Yeah, why?" He eyed me up and down.

"Because we can't do anything when she's home. Or Tom." I said grumpily, sitting on my bed.

Tom is my step-dad.

"It's ok." He began, walking over and sitting where I was before, my desk roller chair. "So ..."

"Yes?" I chuckled, still curious why he's acting weird.

"Our second anniversary is in a week from today, right?" He asked.

Today is Saturday.

"Yeah, a week from today. Why?" I asked, walking over to him.

"Because I booked a table for two at Matinee for our anniversary." He informed me.

Matinee is the most popular, most fanciest restaurant right outside of town. They're absolutely amazing! It's a huge building; very fancy, very expensive.

It's not a restaurant dedicated to one kind of food. It's not dedicated solely to Italian or French cooking or anything like that. It serves food of all kinds. It has different kinds of foods from all over the world... Greek, French, Italian, Russian, Swedish, Mexican, Indian, etc.

"Awe! That's so sweet! Baby, you don't have to!" I giggled and jumped into his arms.

"You're right." He said boldly. "Then I won't." He let go of me, walking over to my bed side.

"Wait!" I boasted. "Umm. You can if you want .. ?" I stated, more as a question than a statement.

"That's what I thought, you dork." He chuckled, motioning for me to come over to him.

"Mmhm." I hummed, sitting next to him, swinging my legs over his lap.

"Oh, here. I almost forgot." He let go of me, fetching something out of his pocket.

He pulled out a little silver box, and I about fainted.

He handed the little delicate box to me. I gently opened it. Inside was a gorgeous necklace. It was a beautiful infinity shaped necklace made out of diamonds with M+A carved in the middle.

"Matt .. Is it real?" I didn't know what to say! I was honestly speechless. "I love you!"

"Yes it is real. You like it?" He chuckled.

"I absolutely love it." I felt a tear flow down my cheek. "Thank you." I thanked him, kissing him once again. He wipped my single tear away with his thumb.

This time it got heated. He grabbed me under my thighs and picked me up. I wrapped my legs around his torso to have a better grip.

Matt laid down on my neatly made bed on top of the covers. Then I laid down next to him with my head resting on his chest. Relaxing, I can hear his heart beat, which is pretty soothing. Our legs intertwined while he played with my hair.