Chapter 2

After I got home from school, I immediately sat down to do my homework. Only two weeks into the school year, and we're already given shit loads. But it wouldn't be high school without it.

"Hey, stranger!" My best friend, Molly, called as she entered my room.

My three best friends and I go to the mall quite often. There's Sage, Molly, myself, and Kimmy. Everyone refers us to SMAK (Sage-Molly-Audrey-Kimmy). We're all cheerleaders, I'm captain, but we're pretty well known at school. All being girlfriends of Varsity Football players is a bonus, too. Well, Kimmy is a former girlfriend, unfortunately.

"Hey," I said, turning myself around in my seat.

"Ready to go?"

"Yeah, just let me get ready." I agreed, standing up and walking to my closet.

Grabbing my favorite UGGs, I paired them with the peach-pink colored skinny jeans I was wearing. I also threw a cream colored ruffled short with black polka-dots.

"So how's Matt?" She asked, starting conversation as I walked into my bathroom.

"Good," I chuckled. "Why?"

"I don't know," she sighed. "How's he holding up with the no sex ordeal?"

"Um, good question."

"Come on, Aud!" She boasted. "You guys are perfect! Though, I don't understand you."

"How so?" I asked, applying toothpaste to my toothbrush.

"Well, let's see..." She trailed off.

I rolled my eyes at her, brushing my teeth.

"For starters, you look alike, be real. He has blond hair, you have blond hair. He has hazel eyes, you have blue eyes-"

"See! We don't even have the same colored eyes," I said, spitting toothpaste into the sink.

"They're both lighter shades, so it still counts." She retorted, jumping off my bed and onto her feet. "You guys are perfect, and you know it."

I gave her a glare, looking up from from my bathroom counter. Attempting to brush my teeth was rough considering she wanted to conversate. I brush my teeth quite often with braces. They're difficult to keep up with if you don't. Plus, braces make my smile lines look better.

"I think I love Nate," She said, looking through my closet.

I swear, I'm her second-hand mall.

"Mm," she murmured, sniffing the sleeve of a sweater in my closet.

"You're weird,"

"What?!" She chuckled in defense, "They smell good. What do you use?"

"No clue," I answered honestly. "Whatever Brandy uses, she does my laundry."

"How's Nate?" I asked, wiping my mouth, walking out of my bathroom.

"I don't know yet," she sighed. "I mean, sex is great but I think there's more between us."

"There's no sex between Matt and I, and there's definitely more between us." I said confidentiality, checking my phone.

"I don't understand you two. There's no sex, and your insanely in love."

Matt text me, as always.

"Well," I sighed. "I truly love him." I shrugged.

"God, Aud!" She giggled. "Don't get all sappy now!"

"I can't help it," I began, going through my headband collection picking out one to match my outfit. "When I'm around him, he gives me butterflies. When I'm not around him, all I want is to be with him. Like when we started dating, it was so new, so amazing. He opened doors for me and pulled out my chair. Or he'd carry my books at school. He's simply amazing and I don't think those feelings will ever go away. I'm gonna marry him one day."