Chapter 4

"Audrey, be careful tonight, okay?" Brandy warned as she clasped the necklace from Matt around my neck.

I nodded, slipping on my pink sandals that matched my pink dress ever so perfectly.

"Your mom is sorry she couldn't be here-"

"No, she isn't," I cut her off, holding up a hand. "So don't even stick up for her."

"Audrey, you know she tries!" She defended.

"No she doesn't!" I boasted, "What state is she in anyway? Wisconsin was it?"

"Audrey, stop." Brandy said softly, "It's Missouri."

"She's always away on 'business trips'." I relented, going by my bed side to grab my purse and phone. "What the hell is the point in being a mother if she's never around? I bet she didn't even want kids."

"Now you know that's not true!" Brandy raised her voice, pointing her index finger in my direction. "Her job is the main reason you have all the very nice things you have. Your beautiful, million dollar house. Your phone, your clothes, your truck, an endless bank account, and even me."

"Whatever," I mumbled, running into my bathroom to turn off my curling wand and look over myself one more time in the full-length mirror. "Tom's job would be just fine," I called back to her.

Ton is one of most well known lawyers in Miami. Mom just works for charities, organizing and preforming fundraisers- amongst other things.

"She'll be back next Tuesday, then she'll be home for at least eight weeks before she leaves again." Brandy informed me.

"Why is she always gone?" I asked, almost to tears.

"I can't answer that, baby girl." She said, giving me a sad smile. "But I'm here,"

She walked over to me, giving me a kiss on the forehead.

"Thanks, Brandy."

She nodded, "I'm gonna go clean up from the boys' dinner, wish me luck." She chuckled, walking out of my room.

I laughed at her, she could use all the luck she could get with those boys.

I smoothed out my dress, looking at my clock on my night stand.

Matt should be here any minute..

The doorbell rang a second later, causing a squeal of excitement run though me.

"I got it!" I screamed throughout the house as I ran down the stairs.

I opened the door, it revealing a gorgeous boy. A gorgeous boy I'm proud to call my boyfriend.

"Hey, sexy." I greeted him, giving him a quick kiss.

"Look who's talking," He spoke, referring to me. "You look beautiful, baby."

"Thanks,"

"Here," he said, handing me a bouquet of pink roses.

"Awe, Matt." I giggled, accepting the roses from him. "They're so pretty,"

"Well, they are your favorite," He said as I walked into the kitchen to find a vase.

Matt followed me, greeting Brandy who was cleaning up from dinner with the boys. Tom is up in his study burried in lawyer crap and mom is out of town until Tuesday on a business trip.

"Hey, Matt." Brandy greeted him with a huge smile spread across her face.

"Hi, Brandy."

"You two look very nice tonight. Have fun, but be careful." She said, as she located a vase for my flowers.