Chapter 9

Be sure to check out the author's note at the end of ALL chapters(; Happy readings! (Especially this one)
____________________

"Hey," Matt greeted as he walked in through my back door.

He kicked his shoes off and shuffled his way over to where I was at the kitchen island, eating grapes.

The boys were eating their afterschool snack and Brandy was loading the dishwasher.

Mom was still home, but nowhere to be found. As usual.

"I have my first baby doctor appointment tomorrow, after school." I informed him as he took a seat next to me.

"I'll go if I can, I have football practice."

"I have cheer practice, I'm leaving early." I said lightly.

That kind of pissed me off, but what can I do? It was all so new and so different. I can't expect him to just drop everyting, can I?

"Why are you still wearing your sunglasses?" I laughed, popping a grape into my mouth.

"It's bright in here." He shrugged, getting himself a Gatorade from the fridge.

"What's the real reason?" I sighed, standing up.

I walked over to him and took his sunglasses off.

Pealing them off his face, it revealed a pretty shiner.

"What the hell?" I demanded.

"It's nothing," he whispered, pushing passed me.

"Nothing my ass, Matt." I chastised, following him down the hall. "What happened?"

"I got into a little fight,"

"With who?" I beamed, "This doesn't seam like a little fight."

I grabbed his face in my hand and examined his eye.

It was bluish around the eye lid and purple around the bridge of his nose. It looked very new.

It must be new because he didn't have it this morning.

"Matt, please tell me what happened." I whispered, looking straight into his eyes.

They were still beautiful, though he had a black eye.

"I just had a disagreement,"

"With who?" I asked again.

"Chase."

Oh shit.

"I shouldn't have told you about that, " I shook my head.

"Why?" He huffed, "So he could get away with saying that stuff to you?!"

"I didn't tell you what he said or did." I stepped back, crossing my arms.

"No, Kimmy did." He rolled his eyes, taking a sip of his Gatorade.

Kimmy sold him out, makes sense. She's in first period AP US History, too.

"Well it wasn't worth a shiner!" I yelled.

"You're worth anything and everything," He said, kissing my forehead. "And you should see the damage on Chase, he'd wish a black eye was all he had."

"Who threw the first punch?"

"I did," He sighed.

"Why?"

"He called you a whore." He shook his head. "You're not a whore."

"I'm sorry." I exhaled, taking a deep breath.

He pulled me into him and kissed me passionately.