PROLOGUE

PROLOGUE

"You forgot? Right?" I asked, more like whispery. I am really trying my best not to ask, but it suddenly came out without me realizing it. "It's our 100th day today, Bae."

I don't intend on looking back up where she is,  since I don't want to expect more, to see the reaction and was really trying my best to avoid her gaze.

She didn't respond, She must've been so surprise. So, from that, I straightly and directly looked  up and see what she's up to. Unfortunately, it was a wrong move. I saw it. I saw how her reaction change. From a relax one to a surprise one. You see, eyes can't lie. 

"N- No. No. It's just that- - - -  "

"It's okay." I tried to sound okay. I even smiled to assure her. But, you can't just  feel okay, when you know, at any minute my tears might fall. When she did not respond, I kept quiet and continued eating.

It's tiring when you know, you put effort to all this and yet you can feel from that person was the opposite expressions of what you expected. Expectations really isn't good at all.

"You don't like the food? Is it not good? " Irene asked. And I can't no longer unsee that, one moment she was startled. She really doesn't talk much, nor initiate conversation. This is not the first time she treated me this way. But still I feel something is off.

"All good." I answered back, while she's calculating my every move.

"Are you okay?" She was about to touch me but my body acted on its own, I move backward. Seeing her this close and that pity look in her eyes makes my heart breaks  and offended even more.

"Yes. You don't need to worry." - Me

"Why are you so quiet then?"  I arched my brows high, yet she just stared at me, coldly.

"We don't really talk now, why are you curious now?" I can't help myself but answer in sarcasm.

This setting is really tiring and obviously new to me. I can't recognize and get a hold of myself, and any moment now I might burst out, right now, right here. I don't even really care now if the camera is actually recording us. I felt the need to go somewhere. I need space to breathe. I need to walk away from her now because I know when it hurts , I can't control my feelings let alone my stupid self.

"Excuse me!  I need to use the restroom." I caught her carefully staring what am I going to do. I smiled. I don't think I need to explain because in the first place I know she doesn't even want to meet me today.

She nodded without tearing her eyes off me. And, that's my que to walk away. No turning back this time. It may look disrespectful but I can't pretend that everything is okay and it doesn't hurts me at all. 

I don't really need to go to the restroom, as well as where the it is. So, I took my time walking and just realize that I was a meter away to where my car was parked.

"Sir, kindly tell the manager that I need to go somewhere important. I need to catch the meeting right now." I politely remarked, and that  is partly true. I don't really need to go there but for some reason I need to distract myself. And, I think this is the best for now.

I was about to open my Spotify when the door was harshly open. I was not in the mood so I didn't bother looking up. It must've been my manager so I just closed my eyes and listened to my playlist with my earphones plugged on. But I was startled when someone abruptly dragged my collar.

"This is not a restroom, Lisa! " I opened my eyes, with my brows creased. Irene looked really mad but I am done, already done playing cats and dogs.

"I have to attend a meeting today. I already told your manager, it was sudden and urgent. He didn't inform you?" For a second she stared at me before eyeing my trusted driver.  While I slowly removing her hand away from my shirt.