Chapter Eleven: Fun Fact!

It became regular routine for Isabelle to turn up at 6am and leave at 7pm from Sweets place on a daily basis. She never felt tired when she arrived or when she left, the day was easier than any day she had done in a hospital. And she didn't mind Sweets for company. He was sweet and didn't care that she made bad jokes.

And they had gotten around the awkwardness of the whole showering situation quickly, Sweets capable of both getting his underwear on but needed help from there on.

For two weeks, everything went smoothly. Hannah called regularly, striking up a friendship with the nurse quickly. When she did come around to the flat, she usually came with Dr Brennan, Gus (Brennan's husband and Hannah's brother) and their or with Angela and her son. Isabelle had quickly become attuned to Sweets needs (which had surprised her but she guessed it had something to do with the fact that it was one on one care) and knew when he needed to rest. And nobody minded when she gave them the boot, everyone could see that Sweets didn't mind it either. Hannah and Angela had both grinned mischievously at each other when they left one day and Isabelle had caught in and frowned as the door closed.

"You have some crazy friends."
"They are the best." Sweets sighed happily as he shuffled around the kitchen table and went down the hall, heading for the bathroom. She tided up the coffee table and checked her timetable. Tomorrow, she would be taking out his stitches.

"I don't feel like sleeping." Sweets said as he came back in and sat down on the couch. Isabelle moved so she was sitting beside him, her leg tucked under her as she watched him turn to face her.

"Then what do you want to do?"
"Let's tell each other fun facts." He stated loudly, happy with his answer. Isabelle narrowed her eyes as she thought.

"Fun facts as in just random facts or fun facts about ourselves?"
"Both. I want to know more about you and also it would be amusing to see what useless information we have stored in our brains." Isabelle laughed.

"Okie dokie, my dude. I'll go first. Fun fact, we kiwis call the bush area people go hiking in, the wop-wops." Sweets pulled a face.

"The wop-wops?" Isabelle couldn't stop a giggle at how strange the words sounded coming from his mouth."

"Yep! Your turn."
"You 'Kiwis' are weird. But okay, fun fact.... Did you know that the day after tomorrow is called overmorrow?"
"Really?" Sweets nodded. "Huh." Isabelle pulled her legs up to her her and rested her head on her chin as she thought.

"Okay so fun fact, the cry of a newborn baby is called a vagitus." The caused a full blown, boyish giggle to erupt from Sweets which was contagious, causing Isabelle to join in.

"Vagitus... Who comes up with these words?" He said through laughs. Isabelle shrugged as she calmed down. "Why can't people name things normally?"
"As we are both medical professionals, we should both know why." Sweets looked at her and they both burst into another fit of laughter.

"Oh boy. Okay, fun fact, I'm really happy that you've been here to help me get better." Sweets grinned and Isabelle rolled her eyes.

"Cheeseball." She laughed. Sweets shrugged, a smile on his face.

Before anyone could say anything else, the sound of a phone ringing interrupted. Isabelle pulled her phone out of her pocket and frowned.

"Mel? What's up?" Sweets watched as Isabelle's face morphed from one of confusion to one of concern. "Wait, hold up... Mel, slow down!" Isabelle gave an exasperated sigh and Sweets watched as she rubbed her temples.

"WHAT?!" Sweets jumped when Isabelle exclaimed that and she hung up.

"Everything okay?"
"I have to go. I won't be long but I need to go pull a knife out of my friends leg." Sweets eyes widened as Isabelle started dialing another number.