Chapter Six: Look Mom, I can Fly!

By Friday, Sweets had a new found sense of movement after the removed the drain that was pulling stuff out of his right lung. The doctors had been happy with his progress so giving him some more movement in his upper body was the least they could do. Hannah had come to visit him just after it had been removed and Sweets was talking non-stop about how they had done it.

"- and then they just pulled it out. It was painful because it was coming out of me but it was so weird to watch them just pull it out." Hannah was rubbing her stomach as he talked, nodding her head.

"I'm just glad that they took it out. Now you just need to come up with a cool story to go along with the scars."
"That's true... Any suggestions?" Hannah shook her head.

"I'm the worst person to ask for suggestions. Remember when I broke my arm after my hula-hooping accident?" Sweets snorted, wincing slightly at the pain but ignored it.

"That was hilarious."
"Exactly. Booth told everyone about it before I could come up with a cool, ninja story for it. So ask Hodgins. I'm sure he's got some ideas." Sweets nodded thoughtfully.

"That's true." Hannah smiled, leaving a small pause.

"Have you spoken to Daisy?"
"No. She doesn't want anything to do with me."
"I'm sorry."
"No you aren't."
"You're right. But she's pregnant with your child, Sweets." He nodded and sighed, looking up at the ceiling.

"I'll support her and my son anyway I can but I can't force her to want to talk to me. Did you know she's already seeing another guy? No jokes because Angela saw them and found out they were dating." Hannah pulled a face.

"I'm sorry."
"Yeah... Not the best way to find out but it's probably for the best. She was always so... Intense."
"Don't need to remind me of that." Hannah rolled her eyes. "Little bubbers here wouldn't be here if she had succeeded in keeping Booth and I apart." Sweets sighed again and Hannah's face lit up.

"Which reminds me, I have two very exciting things to tell you that Booth didn't want me to tell anyone but this will definitely cheer you up." Sweets raised an eyebrow as Hannah beamed.

"We're having a boy.... And a girl." Sweets took a moment to try to catch on to what she was saying.

"What, kittens?"
"No, dumbo.' She took his hand gently and placed it on her belly. "Booth and I are having twins."
"No way."
"Why do you think I'm so huge? I didn't eat a whole watermelon with peanut butter and pickles on it for nothing, okay. I'm having three seperate food cravings at the same time. One for me and two for them." Sweets face had broken out into a huge grin.

"I am so happy right now that I think I might break my face from smiling."
"Don't break just yet because I wanted to ask if you would be my little girls godfather." If his smile could've spread any further, it would've gone off his face.

"I would love to be her godfather. Yes. 100%. Please!" Hannah laughed and sat back, looking happier than she had in days. "Question though. Why did you tell me you were having a boy." Hannah blushed slightly.

"Well, it was Gus's idea to tell half o you it was a girl and the other half it was a boy but then you all had to keep it a secret from each other. I wanted to say no but Booth liked it."
"So you have everything...?"
"Oh yeah. An abundance. Brennan and Gus knew because Brennan figured it out. Or she saw the scan. I'm not sure. But they ensured we got what we needed." He whistled.

"Damn, that's clever." Hannah nodded, eyes wide.

"I never would've thought of it."
"Well, you never were the brightest of us, were you?"
"Excuse me?" Hannah jokingly punched his arm, light in order to not hurt him. "I've had plenty of good ideas."
"Like jumping through floors to get out."
"Shut up, Sweets."
"Look at me, mom, I can fly!"
"Sweets!"