Chapter 4: Detention

Sitting in detention isnt fun at all. It's more boring the hell out of you, than discipline.

Sitting for two hours because I twisted an arm. He didn't get sent to detention....what's up with that? Stupid New York.

Well it has been pretty great though. I pulled out the card the principal gave me

"Riley, meet me by West 34th and 11th"

How am I supposed to know where that is?! I looked around the detention hall and landed on two other people in the room with me

"Hey what are you looking at?" He narrowed his eyes. I didn't respond so I turned around "Did you not hear me?"

"Shh keep it down" The detention lady was old and was spitting. She had beaded glasses and to much sass.

"Yeah, I heard you. What do you want?" I hissed

The first one laughed "You are so lucky you are a girl"

I whispered under my breath "You wouldn't stand a chance if I was a boy either."

The detention lady spoke "You can talk but keep it down"

The first asked again "So are you going to tell me why you're here?"

"Shh" the detention lady said

"So what did you that was so bad? Paint your nails the wrong color? Did your hair wrong? Didn't wear pink on a Wednesday.

"I pushed Flash." I said huffing.

They laugh "YOU? You couldn't even hurt a fly"

"I didn't ask you to believe me." I waved my hand to gesture them to leave me alone.

"Sshhhhh!" The Detention lady hissed

"WILL YOU SHUT UP?!" I screamed hysterically.

"You just earned yourself extra hours tomorrow young lady." She snapped. I groaned and put my head down.

"Hey, if you're the new girl. Why are you acting like you're better than us? You're locked in here just as much as we are

"Cause-"

"Nope. You just don't want friends. Understandable"

"I have friends."

"No you don't." They teased. It was obviously a set up to make me angry. I knew it was a set up to make me angry. But when its my anger I tend not to search for logical solutions.

I grabbed my bag and stood up. "I didn't ask for your damn opinions. Did I?" I snapped.

"Ooooo what are you going to do next? Punch me?" They both laughed.

"Sit down Davis before you earn a whole week-"

I slammed the door behind me and left to go home.