Chapter 43: Dreams

"You are off the team Riley" Fury said.

"Wait why?" I asked. "Because your foot is useless" he pointed to my foot in my cast. "

"No! It will heal you ass! You can't just kick me off!" I snapped

"Sorry Smelly, but you expired. Time for you to head out" Colena said.

"Do you all agree to this" I asked.

"No one likes you Riley, not even me. We were all pretending because Fury said be nice to you" Sam said.

"Thats not what you were saying a couple days a go-" I hissed.

"Go back home to Chicago, we don't need your sorry excuse for a human self here anymore" Flash said.

"Useless, useless, useless, unwanted, unwanted, unwanted, burden, burden burden, pain, pain, pain, torture, torture, torture, hate, hate, hate" they all chanted.

Until Iron fist came in and socked me right in the face. I sat up in class "I'm sorry! I didn't mean to ruin your lives" I cried.

Ah she's awake" Peter said putting his hand on his hip.

"Where am I? Bad dream, horrible dream" I said holding my head.

"Alright let's get going, I don't have enough chi to punch everyone and invade their nightmares." Danny said.

"That actually hurt" I rubbed my face in pain.

"Man you're getting punched left and right" Peter laughed.

"Screw you!"

"We have to go to the House of Strange" Danny said. We took Peter's Spidey cycle. I looked at the streets below at the people who have dropped down and sleeping, even pets. "Where are we going" I was hugging Spider-man's waist

"Danny said Dr. Strange" He replied over the sound of the motor. "We are here" iron fist said.

Jumping off, being the idiot I am I jumped off and fell on my bad leg. "Jesus Christ" I whimpered.

"This looks like a dump, how can the all powerful Strange live here?!" Spiderman said. I rang the door bell. The abandoned apartment changed into a beautiful home.

"Iron fist and Rikey look at the idiot because the idiot has been proven wrong" I narrated

Peter rang the door bell again glaring at me. "Calm down calm down" the door opened.

"Good job my student" He said. A little girl looked at me with her pale white eyes.

"This is Hannah. My newest student. She's going to trasport us towards the dream realm.

"Ok let's move" Iron fist said. We traveled into the dream world

"Here you can dream what you want" Dr.Strange said. I closed my eyes and dreamed I can walk without a cast. It didn't work.

"Why did you wake me up if I have a bad leg?! Why didn't get like Ava or some one who can actually fight" I sighed.

Danny opened his mouth but was interrupted.

A dark man with a body of a horse clopped up to us. Basically a Centaur.

"It has been too long Strange " he said.

"Nightmare" Dr. strange said. I watched as Danny slipped away so I slipped away after him. I lost him but found a few doors to open.

"What's behind door #1?" I opened a door and Ava was sitting there in her graduation clothes.

Coulson had a huge head and was yelling at her. She failed high school, well that what it looks like. She had a F on her forehead. I closed the door quickly.

I opened another door, Sam was screaming his head off, he was screaming at a gigantic rabbit. He was just screaming and screaming, it actually got annoying. But it was funny, Sam is afraid of bunnies now I know.

I shut the door.

"The K'un lun dragon" I turned around and Danny was walking in snow towards a dragon and Peter was chasing after him. I snuck behind him back to the main rainbow road. I saw Dr.Strange laying on the floor

"Crap" I said.

Nightmare turned around and stared at me

"Let's see what your greatest fear is" he zapped me into a bubble and put me near a city, my cast was off.

"Begin he said. He dropped me as I ran around like a scared animal. The thing is I was running against my will. I was going way too fast for comfort. Then the city stopped moving. Or atleast it was moving slowly.

"Oh...oh oh god... This isn't happening!" I heavily breathed. As every movement seemed in slow motion for me I sat down in a panic. I always wondered what could happen if I ran a bit too fast. Would the world have to catch up to me.

Someone behind me started to clap "Good job Riley" I turn. "Dad?"

"Honey, chillax, she's not just ready to kick butt."

I ran towards them and hugged them. I though I couldn't see them again. "It's just a dream, but we are sort of real" Mom said. "Dr. Strange thought you'd need some motivation.

"I don't know what you're trying to pull because I'm not afraid."

"It's only a dream...."

"What, what are you doing?" Nightmare yelled.

"I am not afraid" I yelled with confidently and the city began again and I exited the illusion.

"What about your fears?" I looked over at Spiderman who has his fear in the little house of his.

"I had a nightmare" I saw little me with my little hands. "It's ok , nightmares aren't real, They're a mutation of the good dream" My dad said to me.

"What about the boogey man?"

My dad laughed. "Riley, the boogey man is fake. But if you see him next time punch him and tell him to leave"

Nightmare was quickly caught in a box by Dr. Strange. "Well I guess this is good bye" I said turning to my parents. I squeezed them tightly. My eyes started to water all over again. I just got them back.

"We will always be with you Riley. Its ok."

"Will you do the honors of waking everyone up?" Dr. Strange tapped a mic.

"Good afternoon New York City, this is Speedy, Spiderman, and Iron Fist coming at you live from your head." I started.

"We have a little PSA announcement" Danny smiled.

"Wake up sleepy heads. It's just a dream" Peter gave the microphone. We quickly went back to reality and Hannah was sitting focusing on the tv.

"Welcome home" She waved.

I walked to the door. "I'm so tired" I leaned on the door.

"We have to get to school" Spiderman grabbed me and started to run to his Spidey cycle.

We made it to school and all thee of us were sleeping. Traveling in and out of dreams is exhausting

"What is this?" Sam whispered. "They are all sleeping, hand me a sharpie marker"

Then he started screaming and he ran away peeked to see Peter smiling and a rabbit in his hat. "That's mean" I whispered yawning

I sat up and left. "What did you get Riley?" Danny stretched

"What do you mean?"

"Strange gave us something for helping him". He showed a his Iron Fist, it was brighter.

"I guess I didn't get" I said. Peter laughed

"Yes you did, you have to figure it out."

"Maybe I'll go and ask him." I stretched my muscles and stood up.

"I'll tell her tomorrow." Peter mumbled as I walked out of the classroom.