Chapter 45: Guardians of the Galaxy

"Leap, Leap, Leap" Bactrov jumped around stealing peoples purses. "This guy is a tier one, why is he so hard to catch?!" I hissed running after him.

"You can never catch me child" He said. I ran and jumped as high as I could and used fingers to reach to get even higher

I grabbed his leg and brought him down and he broke my fall. I took all the jewelry he stole and returned it back to the store. I wiped a sweat from my forehead. and I walked back home. I already knew Sam and Peter were playing video games and May would be home soon, so I went through the back. "Back back foul beast" Peter was smacking a broom on the pavement.

"Are the raccoons back I thought I scared them all off before I said.

"Who are you calling a raccoon?" Someone in front of Peter said. I heard a gun cock. Peter ducked and I put up my arms to protect my face. My arms increased in temperature as I held my arms trying to supress the burning pain.

"Woah woah woah" Sam came back.

"Oh I must have had it on scorch, you're lucky your hands weren't burn off" The raccoon said grabbing my arms, the pain grew more.

"I oughta strange you." I murmmered.

"Why does it hurt so much?" Abeam pulled me up with Sam and the raccoon. I sat up on a ship.

"Put your hands in the water fall" The raccoon said. I was poked in the back by a sword.

"Who is this" A green man poked me

"Guardians of the Galaxy? I'm justguessing here." I said pulling my hands out to move the sword.

"What's it to you?" Rocket poked me again.

"You don't get to talk you trigger happy maniac."

"It's ok she's with me" Nova said.

"Oh Sam you got yourself a little girlfriend" Starlord said.

I averted my eyes due to my face burning up in embarrassment. "maybe" Nova said. "

"Well I don't approve of our little nova with this girl. Look at her she cant even handle scorch." Rocket said.

"I don't think thats the right criteria to judge someone." Nova smirked

"And what's that supposed to mean. Rocket was it?" I stood up to look down on him.

"You are a bad influence that isn't very smart. You blocked with your hands and not dodge entirely?"

I sputtered ready to justify my actions. "You- YOU!"

"ALRIGHT!" Gamora yelled

"So tell me how did you two meet" Gamora said.

I looked at Sam and he looked at me. We both smiled. "It all started when she was being an idiot and was standing in the rain" Nova cracked up

"It wasn't raining when I was standing there. It only rained when you got there" I narrowed my eyes

"I don't want to hear anymore" Rocket said walking away. I stuck my tongue out towards him.

"You are such a party pooper" I growled.

"Wanna go?" He said getting up in my face.

"I've fought things ten times bigger than you" I smiled.

"I like her more and more" Drax said slapping my back causing me to stumble.

"You wont be cracking jokes when I blow that he-"

I can't be the only sane one on this ship. "It's his way of saying hello to an ally" Starlord put on his mask. The ship suddenly shook and a explosion followed

"We are under attack." Gamora yelled holding onto the table.

"Wait we were moving?" Sam looked out the window. I squeezed next to him and I saw nothing but space and stars. "Didn't you say you always wanted to go to space?" He said trying to comfort me.

The ship was rocking back and forth from the energy blast. "I am groot" Groot said pointing his little stick fingers. A base was there inching towards us.

"Get on it" Rocket said pulling the ship in. The top ship was pulled off and I was beamed upwards.

"What is happening" I yelled. Everyone turned around

"We surrender, just take the the girl" Rocket said. They didn't say anything. We landed on the base.

"Son of a bitch" I hissed as they dragged me off . Aliens grabbed my feet and brought me to a holographic blue alien

"Prisoner or death?" A soldier said.

"I'm in a good mood so.... Expirement" He laughed maniacally.

"I was escotred to a yellow room with a rock small enough my hand could hold it.

"Touch the rock" A voice said.

"Why" I asked feeling the warming glow of the yellow rock it looks very dangerous.

"Touch it!" they said.

"No! That thing looks dangerous."

"You dare defy the mighty Ronin?"

"I don't know who you are." I snapped

"Caught another one of your friends. " The guard said pushing people inside.

"Starlord and Nova? What a surprise" I smiled

"Oh good you're alive" Nova said.

"Not for long, that is a power-" Starlord started.

"Make her touch it." Ronin snapped. A guard came in and held a spear to my neck. A larger one yanked my arm and put it on the rock.

It started to sting and eventually burned my finger tips. I found the strength to pull my arm off. I stumbled back and held my left fingers. It was like touching a pan straight from the oven.

"Is this some kind of joke" Ronin yelled. I was picked up by my left arm to go back to the rock. I used my right arm to release my hand. I looked back at Nova and Starlord who looked occupied with their own fight. I felt a bit overwhelmed.

Then the door busted open, "Friendly neighborhood at your service" Spiderman said