Part 54

Landon, Cara, and Andrew stepped away and joined the masses. Conner and Addison stood in the door way stunned. The place was packed with people. Conner smiled and started to greet people. Addison just stood there frozen. Andrew grabbed her and swung her around.

    “Happy Birthday Addison.”

    When he looked down at her she was crying. Cara who was standing there noticed also.

    “Now that you have been surprised lets go visit that restroom and get dressed for a party.”

    Addison tried to smile but followed Cara out of the room. May, Love, Grace, and Winnie was behind them. She expected a bathroom full of sinks and stalls. Addison was shocked to see they took her to a dressing room with two ball gowns hanging up. 

    “Oh sweetheart. Stop crying, these are good tears I hope.”

    “May, I don’t understand. I’m just so confused.”

    “I will explain everything while you two get dressed.”

    Love carried over one of the ball gowns. It was a light blue strapless ball gown. 

    “It’s beautiful!”

    “Where should I start? We have been planning this for months. It’s been very difficult to keep it a secret for so long. Plus with so many additions to the house hold more people knew and had to keep quiet. With everything going on this year some thought we should tone it down. But I wouldn’t have it. You two are 100 years old today and we had to celebrate that.”

    “I knew something was off…but I thought…”

    Another tear ran down her cheek.

    “Please stop crying! My make-up masterpiece will never last if you keep this up.”

    “Love! What sweetheart? What did you think we were keeping from you?”

    “I knew something was off and that Andrew was lying to me. Then when you announced we were moving…I thought with everything that’s happened this year you didn’t want us to move with you.”

    May wrapped her arms around Addison and had to hold back her own tears. 

    “We would never! We are a family. No matter what happens that will never change.”

    They all hugged Addison. Cara watched and envied this close family.

    “Ok I think we are all set. Now lets get out there to your birthday party.”

    The party was beautifully decorated in early 20th century style. Everyone was dressed formally in all different styles from many different eras. A large buffet, with all of Conner and Addison’s favorite foods covered the tables. 

    “To start the dancing I ask for all of the members of Conner and Addison’s family to join in a waltz.”

    May walked up to Marcus and took his offered hand. Grace, Gabe, Landon, Love, Reed, and Winnie joined them as well. Addison was happy and relieved when Andrew bowed before her and offered his hand. Then she looked at her brother standing alone and hesitated.

    “Don’t worry I’ve got this. Come on hansom!”

    Cara walked up to Conner and held out her hand. The music began and gracefully the whole family started waltzing as one.