Part 51

The next evening everyone happily welcomed home the newlyweds. 

    “Winnie I’d like to introduce you to Cara Hamilton; Cara, my sister Winnie.”

    Winnie smiled and shook her hand. 

    “That’s a name I never thought I’d hear again. I remember hearing your name from Andrew’s story’s when he would come home to visit. I can also remember when he came home for Christmas one year and he told us you had had an accident and past away. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised to find out that was a cover up.”

    “Yes I’ve heard many story’s about what happened to me. I personally liked the one where I ran off with a handsome man to Europe and was never heard of again.”   

    Both girls laughed and Andrew was happy and relieved to see them getting along. He would never have dreamed his little sister and fellow hunter would ever have the chance to meet. When he added in the fact that Addison was standing in front of him wrapped in his arms he couldn’t help but feel blessed after everything. 

    Once the house started to calm down Marcus asked everyone to join him at the kitchen table for a family meeting.

    “First I’d like to say May and I are very happy to have everyone home and under one roof again. We are also happy to have a special guest staying with us. But there is something we need to discuss with you all.”

    There were a lot of glances at the twins, everyone wondering if it had to do with them. 

    “This has been on my mind and I’m sure some of you have been thinking about it also but we are here to talk about our safety. With the two additions to our family I have been thinking on it a lot. If we continue to live here we increase our chances of someone seeing Winnie and Andrew. Since they are officially dead to the outside world we can’t take that risk much longer. With Winnie’s incident at the cottage May and I agree it’s not a safe place to stay either. Now with the addition of Cara a new danger is brought to mind. I sat down with Cara and Andrew and they agree Hunters are bound to find us here. Cara was easily able to find us and Andrew. His group of hunters is looking for him and it is proof that they will find him here if we are not more careful.”

    No one had really thought about that and there was an edge of fear in the air. Reed held Winnie a little tighter and kissed her. He knew she would feel guilt for this when he knew it was his fault fore he was the one who bit her and started all of this. May stood up next to Marcus.

    “We don’t wish to frighten you. We don’t think we are in immediate danger here. Just know that we will be moving soon. If any of you have somewhere you want to go or people to see we will understand. We have lived here for many years and we are a family now and always, but if any of you decide to go a separate way than the rest of us it is ok. No one has to make a decision right now but think about it. We leave in a fortnight.”

    “That’s all there is. Does anyone have anything they wish to share?”

    Everyone looked around but remained silent. Unsure of what to say, this had taken most of them by surprise.

    “Ok well again it’s great to have Reed and Winnie home and hope to hear a lot more about their trip. Good night everyone.”