Part 39

Love, Grace, and Winnie laughed and carried on as they drove out of town. They were on their way to go shopping for the big day. Far enough away so that no one would recognize Winnie. After two and a half hours of driving they finally made their way to a mall. They went from store to store searching for dresses and everything else. 

    “I’m so jealous of you, Winnie.”

    “Aw Love it will be your turn someday.”

    “Do you really think Landon will propose? I mean sometimes I wonder if the fact that he was changed at such a young age that he isn’t capable of moving on in a relationship.”

    “How old is Landon? I knew he looked young but never really thought about it.”

    “He was sixteen when he was changed now he is one-hundred and eighteen.”

    “Oh wow he is young. But I’m sure he is capable of growing up and moving on in your relationship.” 

    “Thanks Winnie, I really hope so too.”

    Love gave her a hug and held her tight for a minute. Winnie smiled.

    “What are sisters for?”

    “Wow, sister! I mean I hadn’t really thought about it but you’re right.”

    Grace walked out of the dressing room wearing a full length dress.

    “Are you two finished gabbing so you can tell me what you think of this dress.”

    “Wow! Gracie you look amazing!”

    “I love it! I think we have found the dress!”

    “Yea! I’m glad you like it Winnie because I love it! It just needs a little bit of ribbon here and it’s perfect.”

    Grace changed out of the dress and they were all sized. 

    “Ok now I’d like to order one more other than the two but I don’t know the size.”

    Love and Grace looked at Winnie confused. Winnie turned from the sells lady with a guilty smile.

    “I’m still hoping that Addison will be a part of everything.”

    They looked at each other and smiled. 

    “For your sake and Reed’s I hope she does too.”

    “Thanks Grace.”

    When they returned they found the guys out back playing soccer, or as Marcus called it football. Winnie quickly realized that a normal human wouldn’t be able to keep up with the ball because all the guys were so fast and strong. She also realized Andrew wasn’t playing or anywhere to be seen at that. She was tired of trying to keep track of him so she decided to just sit down and enjoy the game. 

    Andrew flew through the woods. He hated the fact that he enjoyed his new ability. He hated that no matter how long or fast he ran he couldn’t feel his heart racing or become out of breath. He stopped running and punched a small tree, breaking it in half. He sat down and put his head in his hands. He just wanted to scream at the top of his lungs. He wanted to run back to his old life and forget all of this had happened. Yet he felt a yearning inside him that made him want to turn back around. That only made it all worse. 

He missed his old life and his old friends. If only his fellow hunters knew what had become of him. He knew that could never happen, they would kill him on the spot. So he knew his only choice was to return to the house of vampires he once hunted. His chest ached for his sister and all the pain she has gone through. He thought to himself if only I had returned home sooner I could have saved her. Another part of him cringed at the thought of Winnie because he’d still be human if it wasn’t for her but he knew she wasn’t to blame. Then Addison…he didn’t have a clue.

He didn’t have much time to think about it because he suddenly realized he wasn’t alone. About a mile west of where he sat were three humans…men. His first response was to seek them out. With their smell so strong it was nothing for Andrew to find their exact location. His body was tense and every part of him wanted them…wanted their blood. His mind was already spinning with ideas on how to attack all three without drawing attention or spilling any of their warm pulsing blood. Before he knew it he was literally licking his new fangs in anticipation.

That’s when it finally hit him. He suddenly snapped out of it and realized what he was planning to do. Before he could get drawn back into the strong pull of their scent he ran.