Part 41

"What in the hell are you think?"

"Conner please stop yelling!"

"You lied to me! You said there was nothing going on. That you found him in the woods like you had said. I knew something was up when you didn't want me to say anything, when he upset you here in the study, but not this! I figured you were scared of him and yet I promised to not say anything because I knew I'd be able to keep my eye on him. I knew you were safe here. So tell me what is really going on? Because by your actions earlier my assumptions seem to be way off."

"First I want you to calm down. At the beginning I was scared of him but then I don't know something happened. I didn't tell you because I knew how much you hated him and I didn't want either of you to do something stupid. You cannot stand there and yell at me after everything you put me through because of your feelings for Winnie."

Conner let out a sigh and sat down next to her.

"You're right. I'm sorry for yelling, but please explain this to me so I can understand."

Addison told him everything that had passed between her and Andrew. She was nervous about telling him; still afraid he would go after Andrew.

"I don't really know how to explain the way I feel. Like I said part of me wants to hate him for what he did to Reed but every time I see him it's like my chest gets heavy and I want nothing more than to be next to him."

Conner was silent and watched as Addison's face lit up when she talked about Andrew. He couldn't help but smile a bit before lowering his head and shaking it.

"What?"

"Addison I get it. It's the same way I feel when I'm around Winnie. I'm not saying I accept this, but I will hold my tongue. I promise not to attack him verbally or physically. That is unless he does something to hurt you then all bets are off."

She looked up at her brother and smiled. She could feel he body relax for the first time in days. She didn't know what to expect when it came to Andrew but at least she had finally told her brother. Not having to worry about him finding out took a lot of weight off her shoulders. Conner wrapped his arms around her and hugged her tight.

"You know everyone is going to give you hell for this right?"

"I know it's insane, so I can only imagine what everyone else will think."

Love sat swinging on the front porch, listening to the soft hum of the house and the crickets out in the woods. Trying not to think about her first time feeding when she heard the door open and close.

"I was wondering where you had gone to."

Landon walked over and sat down next to her.

"Just trying to find some peace and quiet."

He pulled her closer and she laid her head down on his lap.

"Anything wrong?"

"No, just thinking about the past and how crazy things have been lately."

"Yeah I know what you mean. Leave it to Reed to fall in love with a human who is also related to a vampire hunter."

He laughed and Love let out a little giggle.

"I knew the first time I saw them together he was smitten. It was only a matter of time before he made her the offer. I knew he wasn't going to leave her. I could see it in her eyes also. Though not as strong at first, unsure maybe, but I doubt she would have been able to say no. Even if she knew what her brother was at the time. They have a real, true love."

Love's voice started to drift off. Landon ran his fingers through her hair.

"Like us right babe."

She took a deep breath and sighed. A tear escaping from her eye.

"Yeah."

Landon could hear it in her voice and when he looked down at her face he saw the tear drop. He sat her up so they were looking into each other's eyes.

"Love what's wrong?"

She wiped her check and tried to smile at him.

"It's nothing I'm just happy for them."

He didn't quite believe her but didn't know what to say so he just pulled her in tight and hugged her.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

They didn't say another word. Swinging back and forth, holding on tight to one another. Love ached at the pain inside. She was worried that even though he loved her he may never be ready to move on in their relationship. She didn't want to leave him but was she willing to give up her desires to be with him.