Part 43

“Where’s the bride?” Love asked.

    “What?!” May and Grace replied.

    “Winnie! She’s not in her room! I checked the bathroom and she wasn’t in there either.”

    “Ok we’ll keep looking but whatever you do don’t tell Reed she’s “missing.”

    After Love left the room to continue searching for Winnie Grace turned to May.

    “You don’t think she ran off again? I mean she’s been so excited about the wedding and we all know she loves Reed. I can’t imagine her running away.”

    “If she’s not here I hope she ran off on her own because I would hate to think of another reason she wouldn’t be here.”

    They both left the room and went looking for Winnie.

    May went to Addison’s room and found her and Conner finishing getting Conner’s tie done. 

    “Have either of you seen Winnie?”

    “No why?” Conner replied confused.

    “No reason just looking for her.”

    “May, what’s up? I can tell you’re keeping something.”

    “Winnie isn’t in her room and Love can’t find her…we are starting to think she’s run off again.” 

    Before she was finished Conner flew out of the room. It took May a second to realize he wasn’t even there. There was a knock on the door and Andrew stood in the doorway. 

    “I just came to tell you guys we are about ready to start. Where’s Conner off to in such a hurry?”

    “Winnie is missing.”

    “Addison!”

    “What if she really has run off again everyone’s going to know anyway. Can’t keep it a secret forever. Like he just said the wedding is about to start and the bride is missing.”

    “Wait…Winnie is missing?!?!”

    She sat there on the ground. The wind tried to blow her hair but it wouldn’t move thanks to Grace and about 3 gallons of hairspray. She waited for the chill of the winter evening to cause her to shiver but she didn’t feel it. She inhaled a deep breath and froze.

    “How’d you know I was here?”

    “That we can talk about later; right now we need to get you back to the wedding, and off the ground before you ruin your dress. Let’s get you back before the groom realizes you’re gone.”

    “Conner…”

    “Yeah.”

    “Thanks!”