chapter 19: the jungle.

€okay, so you're telling me that I have to do a face reveal here soon? I mean, I don't want to!€

πsoviet: I will force you to as revenge. ~cracks knuckles~π

€are you seriously mad about the 'vodka' thing?!€

πsoviet: yes I am.π

×JUST CUT TO THE BOOK!×

=========================

"Was do Du mean?" Germany said his eye widening as he turned to the bushes, you started to shake as you took a few steps back bumping into America who's face flashed with fear.

H€//0 ¥/π, ! ∆πd h!m h∆v€ b€€π k€€p!ng. . . L€t$ $∆¥ ∆ ¢l0$€ €¥€ 0π ¥0μ. $€€ ¥0μ r€∆l $00π.

Spoke a shadow figure their voice harsh and broken ((who isn't Duolingo, luckily)) they then vanished into thin air as Russia scoffed "we are all just seeing things. Let's get some sleep." He said crossing his arms, but his eyes said otherwise behind his brave face was fear.

You all went over to the fire and tried to forget the horrid sight by telling scary stories which most likely wasn't the best of ideas after that occurrence, it was mainly America telling the stories and urban legends but they sure were scary. You shrieked causing Germany to jump up from his slumber and adjust his glasses.

"GAH-!" Germany yelped out holding his chest, "Are du okay y/n?" He spoke shakily still trying to calm down. Your face flushed red and pink for embarrassment. "Everything is fine! America was just telling scary stories and-" Germany cut you off and rolled his eyes. "Please, get some rest." He said softly turning back over sleeping. "Germany is most likely right. . ." Russia said laying down gazing up at the stars that littered the sky.

America layed down too as you sat up, you stood up as Germany was snoring softly and America followed. "What are you doing y/n?" He spoke with concern. "Oh, well I figured that someone should stay awake and guard. Since it can be. . . You know." America nodded in response and went over by you. "I can guard, don't worry!" Russia rolled over and faced you and America with a scoff. "No, you'll end up falling asleep!" Russia said pushing himself up. Germany groan and mumbled a few words before turning the other way and sleeping again on the forest bed. "You two are going to wake Germany up. Just let me guard." You quietly hissed at the two who both let out a few angry mumbles at each other and layed down, you then let out a satisfied sigh and leaned against a nearby tree.

~A few hours later~

You reckoned it was now around four to five am since you could see the sun peeking out over the shadowy black sky as the bright stars died down, there was a bright flicker of light that appeared in the distance. . . It was a firefly. It was rather comforting, once it got closer though you noticed.

Blue! It was blue!
You took a few steps avoiding waking the slumbering countries who rested by the dead lifeless fire that emmited nothing but gray clouds of smoke.

~snap!~

You stepped on a twig causing the blue light to zoom away and one of the countries eye's opened, "Was were Du doing y/n?" Said a well know restless German. "O-oh! Well I was watching a rabbit and tried to get closer but. . . It ran off" you said halfway lying not wanting him to think you were insane or wanting to leave them all alone, Germany chuckled and sighed "du silly Kind. . . Ich slept good Wie about du?" He said stretching and standing up. Your face flushed a soft red as you turned to Germany "I umm. . . Watched over you guys last night. . . I didn't sleep." You spoke shallowly as Germany's face flushed to concern and panic, "oh! Y/n du didn't have Zu, du are a growing Frauen du need Ihre rest!" He said worried as you rubbed the back of your neck "I volunteered, and you needed the rest more than me Germany. You have sent how many night's without re-" without a second to re-act America popped up and groaned loudly, "can you two be a bit more quiet some of us are still trying to sleep" America said turning back over. You sighed and went over to him.