17.5.13

17.5

Dear diary.

Cannon came over today with Aunty. He kept telling me that I was his best cousin in the world, but he's my only cousin so its not that big an acheevment. How do you spell that?

Cannon and me played the Nintendo, he says he's never seen one unless it was at my house because nobody wants them anymore. I think that's stupid. The Nintendo 64 is heaps better than the PlayStation. Cannon doesn't think so. We were playing Mario Kart, I was Yoshi, Cannon was Luigi. He always picks Luigi. Cannon thinks that the only reason a girl is better than him at a racing game is because he can't play it at home. I think he just doesn't like being beaten by a girl.

Cannon brought his guns with him, two Nerf guns. He has fourteen different guns, he said. He said that when he's old enough he's going to get a real gun and join in the shooting competitions. He says he's been practicing with the Nerf guns. We played War for a while, pretending we were fighting Germans. I don't know why Cannon doesn't like Germans, but I couldn't think of anyone else we could pretend to fight that he agreed with. I pretended we were fighting aliens instead. It made me feel better if I wasn't shooting real pretend people.

It was funny watching Cannon try to talk to Mum. He never wanted to learn sign language, and started being really naughty when Aunty started giving him lessons, so he never knows what Mum is trying to tell him. Mum was asking him what he wanted to be when he grew up, because it changed all the time, and he kept this confused look on his face that was funny and asking Aunty what Mum was saying. Aunty kept saying that he should have done the lessons then he wouldn't be having trouble. I think he's going to take the lessons now.

-Tonya

(A/N I don't know how many countries sell Nerf guns, they're just a popular brand of toy guns using foam darts as bullets)