7.2.13

7.2

Dear diary.

Mum asked me today if I wanted to invite James over. She didn't sign it like that though, she actually asked if I wanted to invite Lucy, Danny and James over because she bought a cake. I don't knw why I have to invite my friends over just because she bought a cake. I didn't feel like inviting anyone over so I said no. Then changed my mind and called Danny. 

When Danny got here, I told her about James and she said she's going to find him and slap him for me. She said no one is allowed to touch me like that except for her. I asked her what she meant but she wouldn't tell me. I dont think she meant to say it. We ate some of the cake and she told me she's worried. She said she's been thinking about boys. She's been thinking about the wrong kind of boys. But I'm not sure what she meant, she kept saying 'boys' like it was a cover up word for something else. I asked her why I didn't like kissing James, and she said it's probably because boy tongues are like frogs. She said she's kissed a boy too, but she only did it because one of her other friends dared her to kiss their brother. I forgot what the friends name was. 

Danny asked me what the special school's like, I told her it was okay, but not as good as normal school. She said she can't wait to go to secondary school and that she had a stupid fight with another of her other friends over whether it was called secondary school or high school. 

Danny told Mum she was getting really good at reading sign language, and she must have been telling the truth because Mum started asking Danny questions, like what she wants to be after school, and Danny answered them easily. She didn't even need me to translate.

I really miss Danny, when she had to go home I cried and asked if she could sleep over, but because it's a Sunday today she couldn't. She was sniffling too. She said she was crying because I was crying, but I know she misses me too.

Mum hugged me when Danny left and blew in my ear. It feels really funny when she does that. She does it because it reminds us that things are okay. If she blows in my ear and I can hear it, then I have nothing to be upset over, because everything good comes back, if she blows in my ear and I can't hear it, it's okay, because I know my hearing will come back later. It's good for her too, because it reminds Mum that even though she has no voice, she can still talk to me. You don't need a voice to whisper.

-Tonya