15.5.13

15.5

Dear diary.

Danny told me not to tell anyone what she told me. I asked her if I could tell my diary though, and she said yes. So I can write it here. She asked me why I have a diary, because she never knew why people have them and I told her it was so when I get older I remember everything better than I would have. She said it would be good for if I lost my memory.

Danny told me that the boy she likes isn't actually a boy. She only said they were because she didn't want me to hate her. She told me that the boy she likes is really a girl.

I asked her if the girl was me to make her laugh. She was being too serious.

I think Danny is scared to tell people she likes girls not boys. She thinks that her dad will hate her if she tells him. I don't know about her mum. I told her it would be okay. I don't know if it will though, it just seemed like the right thing to say.

Danny asked me if I would still be her friend and I told her I would be because I wouldn't care if she liked a dog. I would still be friends with her. She doesn't want to tell her other friends because they hate girls who like girls and boys who like boys. She knows that because they are always teasing one boy at school because they saw him kiss another boy who doesn't go to that school.

I don't like people who tease people. I don't like Danny's friends even more now, especially if they'll hurt Danny who is supposed to be their friend. Its like when Danny was the only one who still liked me when my hearing went away the first time. I lost a lot of friends because of that.

Danny said that her new friend was only her friend when there were people around, but that she was really Danny's girlfriend. I told her she can be Danny's girlfriend when I was around too, because I didn't mind and wouldn't tell anyone. Danny's said that was good. Her girlfriends name is Corey, and is really pretty Danny said. I get to meet her next week. I'm pretty excited.

Danny asked me of I like girls too, because she doesn't know anyone else that does even though she knows that a lot of people do. I told her that a girl at school kissed me and I liked it, but I didn't know if I liked girls or not. I'm still not sure how I feel about boys. Especially James.

He hasn't come over for ages. I think that's a good thing.

Danny kissed me on the cheek for being a really good friend. She said don't tell anyone except my diary. I told her I won't. I'm good at keeping secrets. As long as no one reads my diary all secrets I write here are safe with me.

That reminds me. Lucy didn't want me to tell anyone but I think its okay to tell my diary, she kissed the boy she had over at her house. She wants to keep it a secret. I don't know why though, its not that bad. Maybe her parents will be mad?

-Tonya