Chapter 24 ☁︎ Dealana vs. Mina

// AHOY!  Not going to lie, this chapter is basically me showcasing how awesome Dealana is. Mina is also amazing—you can't tell me any different—and I do hope I did this pinktastic queen some justice like she absolutely deserves. ENJOY!

☁︎ CHAPTER 24 ☁︎

It was bubbly pink versus a cool sky-blue; a match up that had the crowds roaring in anticipation. Dealana approached the fighting platform with a particularly lazy gait, her hands resting idly behind her head facing the rather excited Mina.

As expected, any signs of nervousness vanished from the two Hero Course students from the moment they stepped onto the field. Dealana's lips twitched upwards into a small—only mildly smug—smirk as Present Mic introduced the match.

("With her quirk, she literally has her head in the clouds, it's Dealana Ka'ino from the Hero Course Class 1A!") Dealana laughed at her description, unable to deny the accuracy. ("Versus, is there some kind of purpose for those things sticking our of her head? From the same class, it's Mina Ashido!")

"This match is going to be awesome! Don't you think so, Dealana?" Mina asked with an enthusiastic grin.

"It's definitely going to be something," Dealana replied, really getting into the competitive spirit now. "Don't get too down when I win, okay?"

"I won't," Mina assured her. "because I'll be the one to win this time."

From the stands, the rest of Class 1-A were ready to watch the match carefully. Not unlike previous matches, Dealana and Mina's quirks were quite different from each other. What made this round so interesting was the fact that it didn't appear immediately one-sided.

Though in Dealana's ever so humble opinion, it kind of was one-sided.

Midoriya in the stands, flipped through his notebook in search of the pages he had for both competitors' quirks, all the while muttering as he went. "A match between Ka'ino and Ashido. Let's see, considering what their powers are... from what I've seen, Dealana will likely keep her distance with Ashido's acid while looking for weak spots and patterns she can follow." He explained completely unaware of his classmates listening in.

"So it'll all depend on whether or not Ashido can manage to use her powers against Ka'ino in combat before that happens. Problem is, there's nothing much for her to use as cover in this ring so she's at a slight disadvantage while Ka'ino is adaptable to every environment I've seen her in." Midoriya remarked, remembering back to the USJ incident, where Dealana had been able to hold her own against three villains with strong quirks in a close combat situation. Of course, Dealana didn't have her gadgets now like she had back then.

("Now, let's get started!") Present Mic declared. At his words, Dealana dropped her hands to her sides, but didn't shift into a fighting stance like Mina did. Not yet. ("This match, begin!")

Mina made the first move, skating on a non-corrosive version of her acid to get around Dealana at great speed. The sky-blunette didn't move, tracking Mina's movements with her sharp gaze.

Dealana jerked her body backwards, leaning away unfazed as acid shot passed, narrowly missing her.

"I knew Dealana had good reflexes," Kirishima commented, his eyes wide. "but this is kind of scary. It's like she's barely even trying."

With such a quick reaction to Mina's attack, the crowd couldn't help but gasp in awe, cheering for both girls as they began to fight. Dealana's eyes twitched at the volume, but she'd been slowly adjusting to it over the course of the festival, meaning it wouldn't hinder her performance.