Chapter 22 ☁︎ Shinso vs. Midoriya

// I'm taking AP Environmental Sciences this year and I've just been tasked with finding a natural disruption to an ecosystem in my community and all I could think of is Dealana going insane with the weather patterns.

☁︎ CHAPTER 22 ☁︎

At long last, Dealana's favorite part of the festival had arrived; the final round was about to begin. The dragon slayer played with the black and indigo bracelets on her wrist out of nervous habit. Her anxiety stemmed not from her looming match, rather the first one that pitted Shinso against Midoriya.

She almost didn't know who to root for.

Not really. She was rooting for Shinso, Shinso all the way.

But that didn't make her any less anxious. As if sensing her unease, Mystogan—the name she somehow managed to persuade Monoma to name their (their... yeah, that was gonna take some getting used to) cat. Luckily for the sky-blunette, Kendo was mediating their naming deliberation and took a liking to the fun name—seemed to pick up on her nerves and shoved his way under her arm in search of affection. Dealana ran her knuckles lightly along Myst's spine (she'd already managed to give him a nickname) and scratched behind his ears, her anxiety fading little by little as she did.

Mystogan the cat purred happily. His mission? Accomplished.

His name was fitting, at least to Dealana. She felt her reasoning was sound too. She missed her old guildmate and Mystogan the wizard's forest green eyes matched those of Mystogan the cat's. Additionally, there was even a prominently silver-tinted patch of fur under and above the cat's right eye that resembled his human counterpart's facial tattoo. The regal appearance of the cat also complimented her guildmate's royal status in Edolas.

Another reason, much to Dealana's hidden glee, was the fact that Mystogan the cat came out of nowhere much like Mystogan the human had come from Edolas. She just couldn't help herself with all the parallels.

"Um, Ka'ino? Where'd you get a cat?" Kaminari was the first to question the sky-blunette as the rest of Class 1-A filed into their seating box.

"It's a long story," She admitted, glancing down at Myst and his striking green eyes. "All I know is that Monoma needed a cat for the scavenger hunt, someone threw this little guy, and now we're both cat parents." Dealana finished her bizare explanation and looked up. Their expressions were priceless and she had to fight the urge to burst out laughing.

"Wanna pet him?" She offered instead.

"Awe, totally!" Mina gushed, making a bee-line for the ball of fluff, immediately cooing and showering Mystogan with affection.

("Hey, sports fans are you ready?") Present Mic asked loudly. The crowds cheered wildly in response, screaming in anticipation for the third round of the Sports Festival. ("After all the action you loved and witnessed, it's time for the real battles to begin. Can you feel the excitement? Our competitors are on their own now, sometimes heroes only have themselves to rely on. Heart, skill, strength, wisdom, courage, they'll have to use all these things to rise to the top.")

"Midoriya's up first, right? Against this Shinso guy?" Kirishima asked as they all looked down at the stadium center below.

Dealana nodded. "Yeah, if either one of 'em isn't careful, this match could be over quick."

"I still don't like that Shinso guy, but I made sure to warn Midoriya at least," Ojiro remarked.

The four corners of the fighting arena burst up with pillars of fire, signaling the start of the match.