[]+[]Chapter Twelve[]+[]

Only a few minutes passed when Elsa spotted her sister leaving the ballroom with some strange man, which she ignored. For no reason at all, she was thinking about the story of another person with ice powers. A shiver ran down her back as the room cooled a little. However, no one seemed to notice. No doubt she believed it was herself to be the blame for the coldness.

That's when a low voice said, "Elsa?" from behind her. Startled by the voice, she turned to be face to face with marvelous blue eyes that enchanted her. Their eyes met for some time since the Queen was trying to figure out where she had seen this man before. Then it hit her. Jack Frost. Her old friend. "Jack?"

As she said his name, a joyful gleam entered his eyes, a grin on his face. "You remember me!" He exclaimed excitedly, causing Elsa to giggle softly but stop quickly. "Jack. You left me." When Jack heard her words, his smile dissolved in a frown.

He didn't respond after a few minutes so she was unsure that he had heard her. "You left me. You left me all alone in my room! You never came back!" She shouted at him, suddenly livid. To this he responded, "Well, you couldn't see me anymore! It's your fault that I actually left!" Some people paused to look at the Queen who was yelling at nothing, but quickly resumed dancing.

Noticing the looks, Elsa grabbed Jack's hand and pulled him away and into another room. "My fault? My fault?! Please! You can't blame me for growing up!" At that moment, the spirit felt his heart break. In a voice softer than a whisper he said, "Yet I still love you."

Silence filled the room as she heard him. He loved her? "W-What?" asked Elsa, breathlessly. "Y-You're joking, right?" Half of her wanted him to say yes, but the other half yearned for no. "I love you." He repeated, louder this time. Again, it seemed to knock the air out of her. It didn't seem that he was joking.

"So, you really love me?" Elsa asked him. Jack nodded his pale head in reply. "Do you need to hear it again?" asked Jack with a mischievous smirk, which she groaned to softly. "I don't think so. Besides, it doesn't matter." He gasped slightly at her words. "It doesn't matter? Am I really not that important?"

Now it was her turn to gasp. "Of course not! I-I'm just not certain that I love you as well. I mean, you were a wonderful friend, but I just don't love you that way." His whole world seemed to crash down in burning flames. She didn't love him as he loved her. "Oh." was all he said before turning his back to her. His eyes starting to gleam with unshed tears.