Chapter one

"It's going to be a wet and stormy one today leading towards tonight, ending around eight fifth-teen". The weather man said predicting the forecast. Julie Sanchez was watching as she was getting ready for school, she wasn't happy about today's weather. The season was fall, which she hated along with rain and lot of other things. Her favorite season is summer.

It was a Tuesday, six-thirty in the morning and Julie had to be at school and in class before the seven-fifty late bell. She attends Webster high school, home of the Cardinals and is now serving her last year. Webster high school is the school of hell, because most of the teachers there are disrespectful. The students are all grouped together by their interest or believed that they belonged together in their little minds.

Usually Julie would get a ride from her best friend Chelsea or her father. Her father Frankie Sanchez, who goes by the name Frank, is a police officer of the Phoenix Police Department. Who is highly over protective over his daughter; She had lived with both of her parents, until they divorced during the middle of her ninth grade year. She had the choice of living with whoever she wanted after they split up. She ended up picking her dad, because she didn't want to move and live with her mother and her new protege.

Her mother Teresa, was a waitress at a restaurant until she quit, remarried and moved on the other side of town with her new husband. His name Greg Morrison, a tall slender man who is a wealthy lawyer, who made sure she didn't ever have to work again. But her being the women she is she couldn't ever set around so she started as an accountant at a bank.

Both mother and daughter still keep in touch with one another. Calling regularly and sometimes spending the holidays together. Julie spending the night at her mother's or her mother coming down to stay with her and her father. But Julie didn't like when Greg came though. She believes if her mother wouldn't have met him, her dad and her would still be together. Plus her and Greg could never have a positive conversation, they always had ended in flames. Her with her raging attitude and Greg with his cockiness.

Her mom met Greg when Frank and she decided to split, Julie thought that they could work something out, but that time was different. Her mother was already deep in love with Greg and her love for dad was gone physically.

"Jules come on or you're going be late for the fifth time this year". Julie's dad was yelling downstairs from inside the kitchen.

"Coming dad I'm fixing my hair can you give me five more minutes?"

Her outfit was cute for today, since the weather man was right about the forecast. She was wearing a blue sweater with the Superman symbol on the front, dark blue skinny jeans and her favorite red combat boots. She had tied a bow around a high ponytail with a blue ribbon and she decided to go with her black Michael Kors bag...

It was now seven-thirty nine Julie and her dad were riding in his work car. He had ran a few lights, flashing his own while trying to get through the slow moving traffic.Soon he had to slow down because they were starting to treading on water. Trying his best to get his daughter to school on time, unfortunately they did not make it...

"Your late miss's Sanchez please take your seat and begin warm up". Her first period teacher instructed. Her name Mrs. Thornton, the meanest teacher at Webster and played no games with students. She is white, average height, had long blonde hair that stayed pulled back into a low ponytail. She looks like she's in her late forties since she never told anyone her age. Expected everything to go her way only, if not the office became your classroom. She isn't an average teacher, you know the ones that are excited about their job, well she acted like she hated hers.

Julie went and set in her assigned seat next to a boy named Marshall Brown who she disliked only a little because of his annoyance. He always called her "Preppy" but she wasn't that type of person.

"Hey Preppy your late like always how ya doing?"

"Marshall I'm not in the mood right now, and as you can see I'm not doing fine."

"Sorry I'll leave you alone, but only if you go out with me next Friday to see that new movie "Nurtured by Death."

Mrs. Thornton acknowledge the two in the middle of their controversy and asked was there a problem. "No Mrs. Thornton they both uttered.

"Good because if there is you two can step outside my classroom. And remember Ms. Sanchez class started twenty minutes ago, there shouldn't be any words coming from your mouth."

Mrs. Thornton and Julie got into an argument, while the class watched in amazement because no one had the guts to talk back to Mrs. Thornton. After five minutes of the two feuding, Julie was sent to the office along with Marshall Brown. Who had left with his head down? He was told by his father that if he had got into any more trouble during the rest of the school year. He wouldn't be receiving the Mercedes Benz truck he always wanted.

Mrs. Thornton face was crayon colored red, she was very angry then she begin to speak.

"If anyone has anything to say to me, say it now or forever hold your peace" she exclaimed. The class was left in silence and no one said a word. She then went and set back at her desk and begin typing on her laptop directing the class to take out yesterday's homework.