Training with the one and only Tex

Abby POV
Me and Tex were walking down a black hallway. I still felt like shit cause I and shoot but I didn't show it.

We made our way to some metal looking doors. We opened them and we walked inside. It looked like a shooting range. I saw 2 isles that looked ready to use. There were packages of ammo to be used on the table.

Tex took out a pistol and her own.

"Here. This will be yours. You keep it everywhere you go. Now you have to train with it" she handed me a silver and black pistol. It looked the same to hers.

We walked up to the table and she showed me how to hold it and how to empty and load it.

She then took her pistol and shot at the target dead vet in the center 6 times.

"Ok. Your turn" she said as she helped me hold it and aim.

I shot it and it hit in the 2nd circle next to the center!!!

"I hit it! I actually hit the target!!! Yay!" I started to smile a lot but you couldn't tell because of my helmet but you sure as hell could hear me smiling.

"Good job kid. Your doing better than I did when I first learned how to shoot" she said. I could eat a hit if surprise in her voice too.

So about an hour later I could hit a moving target in the center. YAS!!!!

So I also got to hang out with Tex. She was a nice person. But she had a few things in her past that she doesn't bring up. And when I say a few I mean a lot. She is a nice girl with a rough exterior.

We had become sorta friends. I want to be able to be nice to everyone. She had also helped me with training so I was definitely going up the board. I don't care about the board. I just got want anyone to think I can't do it because I'm a kid.

She was still quiet but we talked. She's nice. I just don't think she knows it.

It was late at night and I was exhausted from training with her. She's the best so she pushes me to my limit. She has been with project freelancer for a few years now. She told me of a man that she loved but he was gone now.

I walked to my room trying not to show my exhaustion. I swiped my care and I jut flipped onto the bed. I fell asleep in my armor. I didn't care so I just laid on my bed on my stomach in my armor.

There was a hand shaking my shoulder and I felt stiff. I tiredly opened my eyes to meet the color of white of the sheets. I then realized I still had my helmet on. I sleepily took it off and I sat up. I saw Maine looking at me while cocking an eyebrow as if too ask,'why were you sleeping in your armor'?

"I'm tired. I've been training with Tex all day. I hurt" was all I said before looking at the clock. It read 2:13 am.

"Damn. Why are you getting in so early"? I asked.

Sigma appeared. "Agent Maine wants to say that he had been training".

"Ok. We'll. good morning. Good night. Sleep tight. Don't wake me up till the morning light" I said sleepily.

(I literally just noticed that rhymed!!! -A/N)

I flipped into my bed still sore and stiff from training and sleeping in my armor. Maine got undressed and redressed in the restroom. He had on a black t shirt and grey sweatpants. He flopped into his bed which made me laugh.

"Agent Maine wants to know how you liked training with Agent Texas" Sigma said.

"Yes. It was fun. But really hard. She taught me how to hr moving targets"! I said excitedly through the pillow in my face.

I heard Maine chuckle.

"So how was your day"? I asked Maine.

"Agent Maine wants to say that it was fine" Sigma said for the mute.

"Cool. So you woke me up at 2 in the morning cause I was sleeping in my armor"? I asked with a tired smile and an eyebrow in question.

He nodded his head as a means of yes.

"Agent Maine suggest that you both go to bed because you both have class and more training tomorrow".

"True that. Goodnight Maine. Or good morning".