A new life and roomates

Abby POV
I woke up around 6. I was happy for 2 reasons.

1: it's a Saturday so u don't have school.
2: IM FREE OF THIS FUCKING ORPHANAGE!!!!

I started to pack the few things I could bring. I had my school backpack that was pretty cool. It was camo and I love it.

I packed my few changes of clothes I had. Which was about 3 or 4. I put my sketch book in there and colored pencils in there too. And I started to charge my iPod that I bought myself.

I had packed my clothes, coloring stuff, and iPod. By the time I was done by 6:30. I don't take long to get ready.

So I changed out of my night clothes which were fluffy candy cane pants and a comfy shirt I changed into a shirt that was grey and purple and had a hoodie. It's one of my favorite shirts.

I took the few wooden knifes I had made over the few years and broke them and threw them away. It sad cause I really liked those. I had always wanted a real knife. Those were the closest I could get.

I packed all the books I could including The Hobbit. It's my favorite book! I'm an extreme nerd. Deal with it.

I only owned like 5 books and I had read all of them over 20 times. I try to always sneak out to the library when Ms. Magnolia is having a hangover or passed out from drinking too much.

I had just finished all of my chores which were most of them by like 10:45. I had just decided to read the rest of the time.

"ABBY"! I heard Ms. Magnolia scream my name. I looked at the clock. 11:59.

FINALLY!!! FREEDOM MUTHERFUCKERS!!!!

Grabbed my backpack filled with the few things I owned and ran down stairs to see Agent Washington wearing them same thing. Jeans, a white beater and a smug smile in his face.

"Hello Abby. I can see your ready to go" he said smugly.

My response was a bright smile and "yes"!

"Okay. We'll I got all of the paper work done so let's go"! He said happily. Something about him reminded me of my father.

We were on some type of flying thing. I saw a bunch of people in armor of some sort. It looked really cool!!

We were walking towards a HUGE flying thing! Agent Washington calls it the Mother Of Invention. I can't remember.

We went inside of a base looking thing and we walked up I a huge platform and it had two footprints on it.

"Abby. What color armor do you want"? Washington asked. My eyes widened.

"I get armor? Are you serious"!? I asked excitedly. He just nodded with a grin on his face.

"Also would you like detail colors"?

I raised an eyebrow in question. He then showed me because he got his armor on and showed me how I would put it on and take it off.

"Blue with black detail please"! I said.

I CANT WAIT!!

He just chuckled and told me to stand on the platform and hold out my arms to the side. I did so and a blue light scanned me. I stepped off and Washington explained to me that it was to measure my side since I was 'a little' smaller than everyone. Everybody had like 2 or 3 feet over me. I'm small for my age.

For a few hours they helped me into armor and they painted it and taught me how to clean it and stuff. So I was in armor with my helmet in and I looked pretty damn good if I don't say so myself. I even did like a super man pose and it made Washington laugh.

So we finally got done with a schedule and my room. I would have to share a room because this person didn't have a roommate yet. I also have class to learn how to shoot and stuff like that and how to hit the target.

So Wash gave me a room card and showed me where my room was. I started to head there when he put his hand on my shoulder.

"Abby. Whoever is your roommate try not to piss them off. Our team has a very short temper. Some more than others. After you unpack meet me in the lounge I'll show you around".

"Yes sir"! I said with a smile.

I started to head towards the room that had the same number on the card.

206.

Cool. I finally saw the door and swiped the ad dad it flashed green. It opened to my surprise. I walked in with my armor still on and my helmet still on and my backpack on my back.

I went over to a bed that had sheets on it but looked unused.

'This must be mine' I thought. The other bed was done. But I could tell they were a little lazy in making it.

I saw a dresser and I put my few changes of clothes and my sketching stuff in there when I heard the door open.

I turned my head to see a very tall man with white helmet with gold detail and his helmet had a lot more gold visor. I could feel his eyes on me. It was a very awkward silence.

He slowly walked towards me. He looked at me as I too say 'who are you'.

I took off my helmet and put it on my bed.

"I-I'm Abby. Or Agent Colorado. I'm your new roommate".

Then a little man appeared on his shoulder. I heard of these. Wash explained these are AI's. Cool.

"My name is Sigma. This is Agent Maine. So your the new roommate"? He asked.

"Yes". Was all I could say because this man was very intimidating. I had heard he was one of the best.

"Agent Maine wants to know how old you are" Sigma told me.

"I-I'm 14 Agent Maine" I said while just standing there.

Maine just let out a animalistic growl. It wasn't scary just... unusual.

He put out his hand as if to shake it.

"When Maine says welcome and nice to meet you" Sigma said nicely.

"It's nice to meet you too Agent Maine" I said while grabbing his hand and shaking it. I only had my iPod to get out so I mad my way over to my backpack that was also on my bed along with my helmet. I got it out and made my way over to the dresser and I put it in my drawer. I saw that Maine had made his way over to the bath room and closed the door.

'Oh man I hope I didn't piss him off' I silently said on my head.

Then I remembered I was too meet Wash in the lounge. Wherever the hell that was.

I saw Maine come out of the bathroom with his helmet still on. I went over to him and asked," do you know where the lounge is"? I asked as politely as I could.

Sigma appeared again.

"Agent Maine says just go down the hall and take a left. There is a sign and just follow it"

"Thank you" I said with a small smile.

"Agent Maine says your welcome" Sigma said.

I got my helmet and put it on and made my way to the door and opened it, stepped out and closed it.

'What the hell did I get myself into'? I said in my head