This day changes everything

The brown haired green eyes girl was sitting on her bed reading 'The Hobbit'. She was wrapped in the book about dragons, and hobbits, and dwarves.

She was so into it she didn't notice Ms. Magnolia knocking on her door. She hated Ms. Magnolia. She was a cranky ass old lady who would beat the younger children.

"Abby!!! There are visitors!! Act nice so they will take you"!! She slammed the door shut.

Abby groaned and put the bookmark into her book. Her favorite book.

Don't get her wrong. She wants to be adopted but she doubts they will want a fighting 14 year old nerd who likes to beat peoples ass.

She set the book down and made her way to her door. As she was walking down the hallway she fixed her long, brown hair into a tight pony tail.

She made her way to the stairs and made her way down them. When she reached the bottom she turned left to make it to Ms. Magnolia's office where these people were.

She went to the door and took a deep breath in and clutched the door knob and opened it.

There stood 2 men. One of them was wearing dark blue jeans and a white wife beater with dog tags. They said, 'Washington'.

The other guy was wearing a military uniform that looked like a leader of some sort.

'I wonder what kind of shit I'm in now' thought Abby.

She made her way over to Ms. Magnolia and stood next to her.

"Abby. These nice gentleman are from the US Army! And they have something to discuss with you"! She said as if she were happily in a mood. She most likely was considering she didn't like the teenager.

"I'm Abby. Nice to meet you" she held out her hand for the General guy to shake which he gladly took. Then she shook the other guys hand.

"We have something very important to discuss with you ms. Whitehead".

Abby doesn't like it when people say her last name. It reminds her of her mother.

"Please. Just call me Abby" Abby said nicely.

"I'll give you some time to talk" Ms. Magnolia said happily.

The 2 men sat down in the 2 chairs that were available and Abby sat down in one next to them.

"Ok Abby. I know how good you are with computers" starts the general guy.

"Um ya. That's true" Abby said kinda not liking how she thought this was going.

"I also know how good you are with fighting. May I ask where you learned how to fight"? He asked politely.

"My parents signed me up for karate when I was little so I could defend myself against bully's" Abby said with a tint of sadness mentioning her parents.

"Oh. And where did you learn your computer skills"? The Director man asked.

"We'll. I've always had a 'knack' I guess for computers. I mean I'm in 2 computer classes" Abby answered truthfully.

"We'll alright. We just wanted to offer you something". The man said.

"What"? Abby asked with suspicion.

"A chance to get out of here and work for me" the man said.

'A way out?!' She thought.

"What do you do for a living"? She asked while raising an eye brow.

"As you know we are with the military. We just need a person with your skills" he said.

'Omfg. Their asking me to join the military' she thought.

"Really"? She asked astonished.

"Really" said the man who had kept quiet the entire time. She looked at him. He was about 6'2. Very tall. He had brown hair and looked to be about 29 years old. He was kinda pale but he was ran at the same time.

"What's in it for you"? She asked.

"We get a new participant for our program and you get to get out of this orphanage. Although. This project were making is a dangerous one. And very hard you must understand that". Te director guy said. She found out his 'name' by looking at his shirt. It said director. So ya.

She thought about it hard. She either stays here with her hell hole if a life. Or. She can join a program to kick some ass and be badass. There's only one answer she will settle for.

"I'll do it"! She said smiling.

"Excellent! We'll. I suggest you go pack your bags. We will be back tomorow by noon to pick you up. Be ready then" he said.

"Yes sir"! Abby said while shaking his hand.

"I have a question thou". She said.

"Ok. What is it"? The Director asked.

"What this programs name"?

He smirked.

"Project Freelancer".