Episode 83 (The End)

----------------------------------------------------

Joe pulled up in the car park of a camping site seeing the people carrier with the care home's logo on the side. He knew that Alex was already here with the children from the care home probably already setting the tents up for the next couple of days so they could settle and get a fire going ready for the night ahead of them. It would soon be dinner time the day after the wedding and let's just say if Demi wasn't pregnant before she could be now. Everyone climbs out of the car Maddie helping the young ones as Joe and Demi made it around to the back of the car opening the trunk up.

"You go amuse the kids, I'll do all the heavy lifting. I don't want you to hurt yourself or somebody else if you know what I mean." Joe says taking a suitcase from Demi which held just Demi's clothes.

"Joe if I am pregnant I'll be a week along tops, I can do some heavy lifting." Demi demands looking up at her husband.

"Maddie will help me, just please go amuse the kids. Stanley will want his mom not his Aunt." Joe begs Demi sighing letting go of the suitcase leaning up pecking his lips gently before walking away to the children who had met up with some of the younger children from the home.

It was after all the tents were put up that Joe and Alex started up a barbeque for about twenty of them the boys and a couple of girls were playing soccer close by the older ones being more careful because of the younger ones, Joe and Demi's children were still a little small so Demi was amusing them by doing some crafty bits along with a couple of other children who were curious on what she was doing. They were all separated from the town, no technologies besides a couple of phones in case of emergencies but nobody seemed to mind, they were all just spending quality time together.

"Everyone looks as if they're having a good time." Joe says flipping a couple of burgers as he looks around the campus area.

"Of course they are, you and Demi had a good idea here." Alex states slicing some bread buns in half and buttering them.

"Well I know how much some of the kids don't get out so I thought it would be nice for them to come along." Joe answers letting the burgers cook through before placing them on a plate shouting for the kids to come over. They all sit down at eat together.

It was after the sun had gone down and the night taken over the town. A fire was lit that everyone was gathered around the fire a stick in their hands with a marshmallow at the end for roasting. The adults were helping the younger children before they had their own. Joe picks Sophia up sitting her on his lap holding her hands still so it would stay in the fire and roast, he pulls it out blowing it gently before leading it towards her mouth for her to eat.

"Yum!" She exclaims Joe and Demi laughing.

"Daddy look!" Samuel begs for attention pointing up at the sky. Everyone follows his hand looking up at the stars which were covering the night sky. There were dozens up there because of the lack of manmade light.

"Try and count them!" Demi encourages picking him up sitting him on her knee Stanley being on her other knee leant against her munching on his own marshmallow slowly because of how tired he was, it wouldn't be long until the younger children would be in bed.

"I can!" Amelia boasted standing up trying to count all the stars around her as the other children do too. Joe and Demi smile looking towards each other just enjoying the scene around them. It was like one big happy family and most of the people around them weren't even related to them. It proved that you don't need a real family to make you feel like you have a family. 

"I love you." Joe says.

"I love you too." Demi replies leaning over pecking his lips gently.

"Ew gross!" Maddie announced her stroppy teenager coming through making everyone laugh.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you enjoyed the story! Feedback would be great and make sure to check out my other stories if you haven't already. There's like seven of them haha! 

Thanks for reading!