Episode 14

------------------------------------------------

Weeks go by Demi only getting more and more used to being a mother, Zac only had the two weeks off work after Samuel was born and didn't enjoy the first day back, he really wanted to be home with Demi and his son. Demi had visited Maddie every other day bringing Samuel along with her but school was starting soon after summer vacation so she wouldn't be able to visit as regular, probably only weekends. Joe's mood hasn't changed, he still seemed to be down all the time the children even picking up on it now. The adults were waiting for him to go to them about advice but it just wasn't happening, they wanted him to cheer up soon, it was Amelia's first birthday in a couple of weeks and all they wanted was for him to enjoy himself.

"Joe can I see you in my office?" Alex questions Joe sighing nodding his head gently following him through into the office he sits down opposite the desk suddenly feeling like a school boy being in trouble with the head teacher. "I've known you for a while now Joe everyone  knows there's something going on with you, I'm here to help you like I always have done." Alex promises Joe sighing again looking up at him.

"I've just been thinking about you know." Joe states.

"Well don't, that's all in the past now. Your life is here with the kids you adore and Amelia, she's your world and she needs her father back for her first birthday." Alex encourages Joe groaning lifting his hands up to his face.

"She's not turning one, she's not allowed." Joe complains Alex laughing slightly.

"I want to give you some time off if you would like to take it?" Alex suggests Joe taking a deep breath, he would love some time off but he wouldn't know where to go or what to do. He shakes his head gently a couple of seconds later.

"I'm fine thanks. working will help me get my mind off it," Joe states standing up. "Thanks for everything though Alex," Joe says giving him a small smile before leaving the room heading back to his room the closer he gets the louder the crying gets. "Hey baby girl, you want something to eat?" He questions picking her up making her calm down in his arms.

Zac enters the house that night a little earlier than usual something behind his back. He closes the door behind him wondering through into the living room seeing Demi sat on the couch a towel over her shoulder as if she had just fed and burped Samuel. She gazes up towards him surprised to see him home so early watching his every move as wonders in front of her pulling a bunch of flowers from behind his back.

"Aw what are these for?" Demi questions taking the bunch off him admiring them a smile on her face Zac mirroring it.

"Your amazing and I don't tell you enough." Zac compliments sitting down on the couch next to her wrapping his arm around her bringing her further into him.

"Thank you, they're beautiful." Demi replies leaning up slightly pecking his lips gently leaving them there longer than she needed to. Zac smiles again as she pulls away laying the bunch of flowers on her lap careful not to damage them or get water on her lap from the stems.

"No problem, how was is Samuel today?" Zac questions.

"He was fine, mom and dad came over this afternoon for a couple of hours and mom brought him the cutest shirt." Demi explains.

"And what about you?" Zac questions again Demi smiling, he put his son first like it should be. He can worry about her after Samuel. He comes first.

"I'm good, still ache a bit but I keep trying to move around again," Demi states leaning her head on his shoulder. "And yes I've had nap today." Demi says knowing that was going to be his next question. Zac laughs kissing her head.

"I'll go make a start on dinner and put this is vase."Zac whispers in her ear before getting up.

------------------------------------------------------

Comments please!