Episode 58

---------------------------------------------------

Joe was able to walk probably on a boot that the hospital had given him so he wouldn't have to use crutches all the time, he decided that he would swap in between, it was easier to work if he didn't need crutches to help him walk but it would make his leg hurt more, he couldn't risk stepping on a child's foot with his boot either. He wondered into the kitchen at around eight the night morning Samuel in his arms Amelia toddling not far behind her. She was getting a lot better at walking by herself but she was slow and things distracted her on her journey but Joe stayed slow making sure she was with her every second of the way so she wouldn't fall behind and not know where she was going.

"Morning." Gavin greets clearing up from breakfast, all the kids were now on their way to school with Abbie and Alex which meant the workers could clean up and get ready for them coming home. Homework would get done before anything else happened.

"Morning." Joe greets back shifting a large yawn as he begins preparing a bottle for Samuel, he managed to save him from Demi before she woke up, he was now calm just whimpering slightly wanting to be fed.

"Hi Amelia!" Gavin coos picking her up holding her against his hip. "She's grown in the time you were gone!" He exclaim.

"Don't remind me." Joe mumbles making him laugh.

"So you're going to be a dad again?" Gavin states Joe nodding his head.

"I guess I am." Joe breaths Gavin raising his eyebrow slightly curious on why he wasn't more excited. He could only put it down to his accident stopping him from sleeping or something but Joe loved kids, he couldn't see why Joe wouldn't want to be a father again. It was strange, they were best friends and he thought he would tell him anything.

"What's wrong?" Gavin questions as Joe takes a seat up at the counter still holding Samuel but a bottle as well, he puts the end in his tiny mouth the infant beginning to suckle on the bottle hungry from not being fed in a good four hours or so.

"Nothing." Joe replies watching Samuel feed from the bottle.

"Come on, I've known you long enough to know that something is bothering you." He argued Joe sighing looking up from the baby.

"It's twins, I don't know whether we could handle twins as well as Amelia and Sammy, four kids under the age of  three. Sammy will only just have turned one, Amelia will be demanding more attention than ever, I just don't think we could cope." Joe confesses.

"I'm sure any other parent who's been expecting twins feels the same but it isn't something that you can change now, you'll just have to take it as it comes and come up with solutions when you need them rather than beforehand." Gavin explains.

"I guess so," Joe mumbles pulling the bottle out of Samuel's mouth once he was done allowing Gavin to take it from him. "Could you make a start on Amelia's breakfast, I'll be back once I've laid him down." Joe asks.

"Sure." Gavin replies grabbing a couple of fruits from the bowl as Joe begins winding Samuel. Only once he had done he begins making his way back into the bedroom where he saw Demi sat on the edge of the bed.

"Morning." Joe greets laying Samuel back down in the crib.

"Morning." Demi mumbles back staring down at the ground.

"What's wrong?" Joe inquires taking a seat on the bed next to her holding her hand, she was reluctant but she pulled it back looking up at him who know had a confused look on his face trying to figure out what was wrong so he could resolve

"You don't want these babies do you?" Demi questions.

"You heard that?" Joe questions surprised.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Comments please!