Episode 8

-----------------------------------------------------------

Maddie and Demi spend a good hour together sat on Maddie's bed just talking about the past couple of days and what they had gotten up to. Joe came through briefly with a drink and snack for the two of them not wanting to disturb them any more than he has too. They soon venture out of the room and downstairs so Demi could properly meet Kira and Lui, the two kids who had made her feel more welcome than any of the others. They enter the living room seeing the younger children all playing on the game console the care home has with Abbie keeping a close eye on them, the younger ones were often the ones who got hurt or in fights. Maddie sits down next Kira who was playing cards with Lui Demi sitting down on the other side.

"Can we play?" Maddie questions.

"Sure, we're only playing go fish though cause were bored." Lui states taking all the cards back in dealing out seven each.

"I never played this before, how do you play?" Demi lies, she just wanted to encourage the kids to teach a grown up something for once.

"You have to collect up all the suits by asking us if we have a card that you have in your hand, if we say go fish you have to go fishing in the pond which is the cards in the middle." Kira explains the best she could without making it sound confusing.

"So I have to have the card?" Demi inquires the three of them nodding their head. "In that case Lui do you have any sevens?"

"Go fish!" He exclaims Demi laughing picking up a card amongst the rest of the table.

Joe was in his own room having a little time to himself, he was often dismissed by Alex to relax himself but he enjoys his work and just wants to carry on. Him and Abbie were the ones who stayed of a night, this was his house and he was proud to for this to be his home, he wouldn't want to live anywhere else. Joe turns the page on his book to a new chapter just in time for Amelia to wake up from her nap crying out for her father. Joe smiles when he looks to the crib seeing his daughter up on her two feet keeping a tight grasp on the wooden bars so she wouldn't fall over.

"Dada!" She squeals.

"What's wrong princess," Joe coos marking his place in the book before placing it on the draws next to his bed, he flings his legs over the edge of the bed standing up walking the few steps to the crib picking her up. She calms down cuddling into his chest. "Did you have a bad dream?" He questions but gets no reply. He wonders out his room and down the stairs seeing Demi just about to leave.

"I'm just heading home, I'll see you soon." She says when she sees him.

"You don't have to leave if you don't want, you can stay for dinner." Joe suggests.

"It's fine, Zac will be waiting for me." Demi states a warm smile on her face.

"Invite him, I'm sure Maddie would want you to stay and see Zac." Joe claimed Demi laughing slightly, she just loved how welcome she feels when she's in this place.

"Fine, I'll be back in an hour." Demi states.

"I'll cook extra then, see you soon," Joe states walking away. Demi shakes her head before leaving. Joe enters the kitchen seeing Ellie aged eight and Nathan aged seven looking in the cupboards. "Get out of there you cheeky monkeys!" Joe exclaims making them look at him laughing.

"We're hungry!" Nathan exclaims.

"Dinner won't be long, go find Gavin and bug him." Joe orders softly

"We'll tell him that!" Ellie grinned the two of them running off  into another room. Joe smiles placing Amelia into the highchair, she whimpers a little bit but calmed down when Joe placed a pot of fruit yogurt in front of her, she then squeals clapping her hands together.

"You're welcome yogurt pot!" Joe coos sitting down in the chair after grabbing a rubber baby spoon feeding her in her own time before making a start on dinner for the household.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Comments!